Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 AM
TE Newbie

Default The photo vanished

Yesterday I posted photo of a boxing girl. It was titled Black and White. There was even a few critiques of this photo. Today everything vanished. What was wrong?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: The photo vanished

Your image was probably removed by the moderators. You should have an e-mail explaining the removal.

Cheers,
- Dan
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 AM
TE Newbie

Thank you Dan, in my opinion there was nothing wrong with this photo, I'll wait for explaining.
regards
Andrzej
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 AM
TE Newbie

I still don’t know what I did wrong with photo I posted on Sunday. Photo was removed probably by moderator. I would like obeying all the rules of TE. The photo is still visible here http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=3&p=1152356 (it is black and white boxing girl on a bottom of the page). Please help me to avoid problems like this in the future.
Thanks in advance
Andrzej
Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
TE Expert

The moderators are quite severe, I am afraid, and never give an explanation, even if they say they will!
They are particularly strict about portraits, (Did you read the TOS (terms of services?) unless they make you really learn something new about the world! In this case you need a good note to explain about the photo!
This happened to me once when I had already got critiques about the photo!
Then, I tried to repost it under different circumstances and with a different note, but it was removed the second I posted it!( I guess they had filed it somewhere as unwanted). I agree, it is very frustrating when it happens, but I have sort of learnt what to post or not to post and how to do it!
Maybe, they considered one didn't learn anything about the world through your photo! Maybe they considered there was some kind of racism in the title, I don't know, I haven't seen the photo. The link you you give sends me to a beautiful canal in Amsterdam!
Don't worry too much! It's only a photo, and I am sure you'll find plenty more to make us learn about the world!
Best regards.
Marie Louise.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:17 AM
TE Expert

It's me again! I have just had a quick look at your gallery and see you don't always write notes! Well writing notes is strongly encouraged on TE, in order to make us learn about the world!
It also helps not to get one's photo removed, but not always, if they consider the photo goes against the rules!
Mine was of cats; But I didn't hide the fact that they were mine. Apart from that, there are thousands of cats and dogs on TE, but don't let THEM know they could be yours!
Good luck for the future!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:50 AM

Hi Andrzej,

As Dan already wrote you should have received a mail. Of course "we" can have been wrong by deactivating your picture, so in that mail you get the opportunity to reply and send a "Review Request".
Please do that first before complaining on the forum and READ again the TOS.

For Marie-Louise:

I don't know for the past because we have got the "Review Requests Replies tools" in our own hands only for the last year now, but I'm quite sure ALL the RR sent this past year have been replied and answered.

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM
TE Expert

Thank you Viviane!
You must be right!The photo I had removed was over a year ago!

To Andrezj!
If they don't allow you to repost your photo, you can always post it as Workshop to another photo. They are not so strict about that!
And then of course, there is also "Treklens" whose motto is "to learn about photography through the World", while it's the reverse for TE.
However, TE is a lot more popular and the conviviality is better!
All the best!

Marie Louise.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 AM
TE Newbie

I am apologizing for these all complaints. It wasn't because I like arguing. It is always better to obey rules if you know them of course. Thank you again for all.
Regards
Andrzej
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM

I'm sorry Andrzej,
I did not want to sound too mean... ;o(
I should have looked at your intro first and see you were a new member. But really, reading TOS carefully will help you and don't hesitate to ask anything, after reading of course... ;o)))

Kind regards,

Viviane aka Porteplume / moderator