Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-02-2006, 12:38 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: !!!!!!! PORTUGAL !!!!!!!

Dear TE friends,

I came to our website to escape the distress of football and what do I find?! All I will say is that I would not want to be in the shoes of Christian Ronaldo when he meets Wayne Rooney for pre-season training with Manchester United!

Our French friends have given Portugal a great chance to win a first World Cup. But something tells me it will be Italy.

Good luck and happy photography!

Best wishes

Stephen
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 AM
TE Junior Member

Ahhh finally someone is talking sense. Thanks Stephen.
FORZA AZZURRI.

We will make meat balls with the Germans and eat them with our spaghetti!!!! As for the winner of Portugal and France..... maybe a nice Lasagne!!!!

VIVA INTERNATIONALISM PER SEMPRE.

Lets just enjoy whatever happens we are left with the four best footballing countries in the world.........scandals aside!

Peace Love & Happiness to each and every one of you in which ever country you live.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 AM
TE Expert

it is a rolling dice ...no more ......yeah David was taken out real good and Rooney too - I think he was just fighting for the ball but hey - it's just a game and Portugal are old friends ....Robinson - and the Portugal golakeeper did so well

you sound like a real sportswoman Dari

best wishes Kev
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Default France vs Portugal !

Sorry to disappoint you Jose, it's gonna be France ;o) !

Remember Euro 1984, Marseille .... Jean Tigana stole the ball in the middle field, ran so fast on the right corridor, passed back the ball to Platini and ... too bad for Bento !
Fantastic match ... I hope we will get the same ... with the same result of course ;o)))
Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
TE Senior Member

It would be against France, so
Allez les bleus !
Old 07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
TE Newbie

40 Years later we are back!!!!

Tough game yesterday, the most dramatic for us, but quite good for both sides, England proved it is not easy even with just 10, what only gives us more merit for defeating them! And more merit to Ricardo for defending like he did!

We are the only team in the half final without a world cup victory, will it be our turn???

Scolari is making us believe!!

Until now we did what we should, now we will do what we dream!

Let the best one win!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
TE Senior Member

ALLEZ LES BLEUS,
ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!!

;-)
Old 07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
TE Expert

FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE
FRANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: France vs Portugal !

Alain,

Yes, it seems it will be France after all... I think Portugal would do better against the anarchic attack from Brazil but we’ll be able to break France too! eheheh.

But it will be hard…

Regarding 1984 many people here are wishing for “revenge”… I don’t recall that game in detail but I remember it was quite fabulous. Great football and emotion. :-)

And that was a fantastic Portuguese team back then.

Kev,

Personally I think Rooney was asking for it and the step was intentional… Before that nasty thing (I guess Ricardo Carvalho won’t be able to have children now…) he already was kicking right and left in every chance. And the refere was right there to see it and evaluate.

In the end I think he was responsible for England’s defeat as up until that moment Portugal was having a lot of trouble. We made A LOT of wrong passes in our plays and England was posing great threat with dangerous attacks. After that England closed in the defence trying only to counter-strike.

Stephen,

I’ve been reading in many British newspapers comments about the return of Cristiano to Manchester and the problems with Rooney and the M.U. fans…

I think people forget that M.U. is just a temporary employer… and Crisitiano will be Portuguese until he dies…

If the reverse was to happen everybody would be praising Rooney for getting Cristiano out of the game…

Well, but that football. Lots of passion a very few reasoning… :-)
Old 07-02-2006, 04:56 PM
TE Expert

GOOD LUCK!! I am drawn to support France although to see Portugal win would have something sweet about it too - whatever it appears that this time Europe is the winner!!!

best wishes Kev