Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-20-2003, 01:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default "How to" section

After reading a critique about how to turn a white sky into blue, as it should be, and couldn't found the topic where the tip had been posted, I was wondering about creating a section "how to" that would gather the technical tip on how to do something on photoshop and other software. This could avoid long search, and sometime without result, in the archive of the forum.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:10 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: "How to" section

The topic to turn a white sky into blue was in Worshop at page 7, 2 WS on Giant's Causaway. By the time you look, it might then be on page 8 or 9. I don't know how to make a link to go to it.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:41 PM
TE Senior Member

The 'How to' is going to depend on which editing software is being used.

Perhaps links to sites for the various editors (PS, PSE, whatever) that give good clear instructions for beginners would be the best approach.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:52 PM
TE Junior Member

I agreee that a how-to or tips section in forums could be useful. Perhaps it should be made so that threads can be generated - meaning someone could write a little article about, say, how to turn white skies blue, and then others to add further questions and comments. Or it could be a place where people could ask questions: "How do I turn white skies blue?" - and get answers. It could deal with both photogrpahy questions (the taking of pictures) and processing questions (which would answer the concern raised by Bob, no?).
Old 07-21-2003, 01:55 PM

Sounds like a great idea with it possibly expanding to a FAQ section in time.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:11 PM
TE Newbie

To save Adam the effort in having to compile such a FAQ, perhaps there could be a separate "technical forum", where people could either ask about certain techniques, or post techniques that they use themselves. It may still take a while to trawl through all the messages to find the right advice, but at least you will know which forum to look in...