Feb. 9th: Today's Outage - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanni View Post
Yes, Paul, it is frustrating - but just because the members' efforts and emotions have got sort of "lost"...
I was at work all day and did not come to TE until late evening... but I am concerned about other members' work.

But what I am most of all concerned about is the proper and stable work of the site on the whole!
but, judging by your words, it appears that the attacks are continuing... I wonder why? is it possible to track down the source of these attacks?
It's not our site in particular; the pace and efficacy of hacker attacks against any website anywhere has increased. It's just a constant battle, and though today's small data loss is significant and unusual, we're happy it was not even worse and will continue to take steps to safeguard photos and critiques as much as possible going forward.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 PM
TE Expert

My photo was posted today in the morning and shortly after it was viewed over 100 times, now it shows it was viewed about 30 times.
Every activity has been erased
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkamionka View Post
My photo was posted today in the morning and shortly after it was viewed over 100 times, now it shows it was viewed about 30 times.
Every activity has been erased
oh yes...
"You've just been erased!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlaojjyTWY
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
TE Expert

I have at certain point corrected the note to the photo and now I see the correction is gone. It is like today has never happened (starting from certain time). For example the small size image/icon of the photo for the beta site is created always with some delay and the problem must have happened just before the small icon was created because it does not exist in the beta version. I am curious if it will be recreated or left frozen in the error.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Any data -- posts, critiques, etc -- from early today, will not be coming back.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Any data -- posts, critiques, etc -- from early today, will not be coming back.

too bad...
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Yes the site, is back and working.

I uploaded the photo of this morning again hopefully the site will keep working normally.

Thanks to the technical team.

Pierre
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
TE Junior Member

Default erased posts

Oh my goodness! Those hackers are really annoying. I was really in shock why my posts last night weren't around. I thought I made something wrong and the moderators just deleted my posts without any notice. Now I know. That's sad that those data's can't be recovered. I've even sat down just to make a story behind my photo, that was quite long, and now I have to repost it again.
Sad
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i9l2y1m8a8t3 View Post
Oh my goodness! Those hackers are really annoying. I was really in shock why my posts last night weren't around. I thought I made something wrong and the moderators just deleted my posts without any notice. Now I know. That's sad that those data's can't be recovered. I've even sat down just to make a story behind my photo, that was quite long, and now I have to repost it again.
Sad
I'm sorry for that
Old 02-10-2012, 05:27 AM
TE Expert

Crits I wrote have been erased, pictures I critiqued have disappeared, crits I received have been erased. All in all a bit of a muddle!