New thread about points counting

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Sorry people, the thread about points has desappear, please write your requests about POINTS here...

Thank you
  • funny thing
    On my recent pictures, the points seem to add up now, but only half, i.e. counting +1 instead of +2 for the full green.

Strange...or am I missing something?

b.
  • Points halved
    Dear Viviane,
    would have been better not delete my post but to move in this new discussion. You would have give me the opportunity to reply to Mariusz and Malgorzata, as it should be right in a discussion forum.
    The issue is not about the points, that have no value and does not certify the skill of the photographer. I hope that this misunderstanding is related to the work that they are doing on the site. The main issue is that there is never any warning on the site. It would simply to write: "Today, you will see your points halved, but this is due to our maintenance and problem solving." It would be a demonstration that in TE also the photographers are important. Without the photographers, there would be no pictures, there would not be advertising, there would not be TE. The patrimony of TE are not the pictures, but the photographers!
    Ciao, have a nice night!
    Paolo

Cara Viviane,
    sarebbe stato più corretto non cancellare il mio post, ma di spostarlo in questa nuova discussione. Mi avresti dato la possibilità di rispondere a Mariusz e Malgorzata, come è giusto che sia in un forum di discussione.
    La questione non sono i punti, che non hanno nessuno valore e non attestano la bravura di un fotografo. Io spero che questo disguido sia riferito al lavoro che loro stanno facendo nel sito. La questione principale è che non c'è mai nessun avvertimento nel sito. Sarebbe sufficiente scrivere: "Oggi, vedrete i vostri punti dimezzati, ma ciò è dovuto alla nostra manutenzione e alla soluzione dei problemi". Sarebbe una dimostrazione che in TE anche i fotografi hanno importanza. Senza i fotografi, non ci sarebbero le foto, non ci sarebbe pubblicità, non ci sarebbe TE. Il patrimonio di TE non sono le fotografie, ma i fotografi!
    Ciao, buona notte!
    Paolo
  • Ciao Paolo,
    So the original thread about points was closed and the one which you started recently was deleted.
    I wonder why?
    Is it a bug in the system again?
    It causes the points not to add and threads which are not convenient to disappear
    TE seems to have so many bugs.
    I think I even know their names

Let me guess, this thread will accidentaly disappear as well

Never mind.
    As stupid as the situation is we are here to have some fun sharing our photos.

I wanted to say Paolo that you are too negative.
    Negative person says: "half of my points are gone"
    whereas a positive person would say "wow! half of my points are still there"
    although we don't know what will bring tomorrow

Mariusz
  • Happy and positive...
    Yes, you're right, dear Mariusz, I was negative, but now I am happy that my pictures have at least half of the points!
    (sometimes need to be a bit humorous even in the forum, right?)
    Ciao!
    Paolo
  • Quote: On my recent pictures, the points seem to add up now, but only half, i.e. counting +1 instead of +2 for the full green.

Strange...or am I missing something?

b.
    It is strange. I've just checked some of my older images. My points total hasn't reduced but 4 full green smilies = 4 points now. I really don't care about points one way or the other, but something odd has certainly happened.

• It is kind of sad though.
    Christmas is coming, they could have doubled our points for this occasion instead of halving them
    Good night,
    Mariusz
  • Just a part of resolving the issue -- I can assure everyone that the points totals will be restored, fully and for good. The tech team is not quite there yet though.

Paul
  • I have just received word from tech that the points should be totaling up properly; if you find this is not the case with your photos, please alert me

Paul
  • Points restored
    The issue with the points halved is now fixed.
    If you find any post with the wrong point count, please let us know. If you provide links with samples of things that are not working we will be able to spot the issues faster.