Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great gervaso 2018-09-12 8:54

Hello, Fredrik!

I see you are painting Brazil in your already very colorful map on TE, and I hope you enjoyed your time here! Have you been to more places here? In spite of the security problems in Rio in the last years, it is a beautiful city, especially with these views from above, which you captured with very good light, colors and depth!

Old 09-12-2018, 05:29 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To gervaso: Other places in Brazil

I have to admit I didn't spend much time in Brazil. I went briefly also to Foz do Iguacu and Pantanal, coming by bus/train from Santa Cruz in Bolivia. I passed through Corumbα and Campo Grande, then a short stopover in Sγo Paulo where I visited a nearby neighborhood. My main goal of this travel was to spend time in the Andes, it was just cheapest to go via Brazil. I also have some good friends in Rio who have been waiting for me for a few years. They also showed me photos of some beautiful villages I need to come back for.

I have a vague plan of doing another travel someday where I see more of Brazil. Possibly by buses from the south, up to Belem, boats up the Amazon river to Manaus, a little tour in the rainforest, maybe go back and forth to Venezuela, then buses*through Guyana and Suriname. The opposite way may be more likely.

Either that...or go from Rio to Porto Velho or Rio Branco, travel through Peru, enter Brazil again in Tabatinga and follow the river to Manaus. Then follow the other route from there. It depends on the time.

I see you are from BH. I also have a good friend there, so it's likely I will pass by someday. I'll also make sure to find inspiration in your rich gallery if I make another trip!

Last edited by Bergenphotos; 09-12-2018 at 05:58 PM.