Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2015-10-17 9:03

Hi Fredrik
So you reached Tien Shan mountains (and, I presume, the lake Song Kol)!
Nice photo. I'm almost surprised to see cloudy weather. When I was there in October 2013 it was a neverending period of sunshine, except for the night when it snowed and the morning after.
I think they only live in the yurts in the summer and move back to Kochkor and lower villages in early October.
Best wishes
Kasia

Old 10-17-2015, 05:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Talking To kasianowak: Hi!

Thanks, it was definitely worth it! I tried to remember the name you gave me as a contact in Kochkor, but my phone was stolen in Cambodia, so I couldn't access my e-mails. Luckily it took me only 5 min from I arrived Kochkor until an American guy offered me a ride to Song Kol!

The weather was very much like this for the whole time when I was in Kyrgyzstan. Not always cloudy, often just very hazy. But I finally got a clear blue sky on my second last day. Waking up in the tent at 3300 m, that was a delightful sight.

As yes, the people I spoke to all resided in Kochkor for the winter months except for one family who lived in Bishkek.

More Kyrgyzstan photos and stories to come
Have a good weekend!
Old 10-18-2015, 06:55 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Kyrgyzstan

I'm looking forward to seeing more photos!
Have a nice weekend too.
Kasia