Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2012-04-25 10:14

Hello Kaj, and welcome back. There's new members here now, like me, but not necessarily lacking experience. Thanks for the help with your forum note to me about posting large panoramics: sadly it hasn't worked and I'm sure there's a glitch (one of many it seems) on this site.
And so to your photograph: I like the reflections, in fact they are the making of this image; also the rich colours. I might have cropped a little tighter, although the shoes at the bottom seem to imply a figure, with the light area as the head, which isn't actually there. Good work.
Regards
Will

Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 AM
TE Senior Member

Smile To willperrett: Thanks...

Thanks, Will, but I haven't really left, although I might not be that active as in my most intense period. There was a time when posting and commenting was very important, but as someone not native to the language and with high expectations on writing notes and critiques, it became a burden.

I didn't want to get involved in any back-slapping and when I saw groups of members doing that, at the same time believing they voiced the core of the site, I decided to take a step back. And doing that you gain a lot of perspective and a better overview of the community.

This means making an occasional upload with a note that at least is teaching myself something new. I don't care about any points, but an honest critique - like the one you gave me, thanks - is always welcome, but no necessity. I seldom critique myself, but I'll later go and have a look at your portfolio to see if I'm able to add anything valuable.

And I keep an eye on the forum, mostly to see who is a loud-mouth, but also to see if I might be of some assistance. And that's how I noticed your dilemma with the large post. However my knowledge is limited and I really don't understand what's wrong. Looking at your photo "Stairhole" - which is a very nice panorama posting with excellent stitching work - and clicking it only makes the LP frame appear. Strange.

I'm not 100% sure it's a glitch on the site (I have a vague feeling something like this has happened to me too), but I don't know any other reason. Wait and see if somebody else is experiencing this. Disregard Didi's comment about no problems, as his upload is from February and doesn't prove anything.

Thanks again for taking some time with my upload from Salzburg.

Best regards,
Kaj