Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2019-08-18 3:02

Hi Gert
It's probably so humid, even without the rain, that the washing never dries anyway... Don't know why he bothered... ;-)
I've heard Halong Bay is so overrun by tourists these days that travel magazines in the UK are starting to recommend other similar places (I'd better go there before it's too late for them too). So, shame about the weather, but you probably had a better time than anyone who goes there nowadays. Especially that the people you travelled with sound like a nice bunch. :-)
Shame about the traditional boats too, but I suspect that, although you can probably see some junks there now, they are all imitations made to carry tourists around - like the pirate ship on lake Ashino.
It's nice to see a series of photos with just one boat in, what feels like, a lot of space.
Best wishes
Kasia
Ps. Why did I expect a photo from Planket today? ;-)

Old 08-18-2019, 11:03 AM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: planket

Hello Kasia,
Thank you for your kind words and for the three critiques yesterday.
Like Halong Bay the Planket show is getting more and more crowded every year. It was difficult to see the photos and almost impossible to take good photos of people watching photos. I only took one or two pictures that I could ever even think of posting here, and they can wait until I'm finished with Vietnam.
Have a nice Sunday,
Gert