Value of Feedback - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default Value of Feedback

Hi All-

I can see how I can note if feedback is useful on my photos; but how does the member providing critique know that it was useful to me. And how can I know if feedback I am giving is useful?

Cheers Jamie
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Value of Feedback

Read the FAQ page, especially point no. 6 about those silver/gold boxes and stars...
Once a member has one or more of those symbols appearing next to his/her name, you can click on it to get more info.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 AM
TE Newbie

Thanks for directing me to the FAQ. I had read that already and I will assume there is no way of knowing if your feedback is appreciated by another member unless they take the time to write to you personally.

Cheers
Old 04-29-2007, 09:44 AM
TE Expert

Hi,
As far as i know, when a citique is rated useful by more than one member, a number between brackets appears after the date and time of the given critique... but it is a while since i didnt see such a number....
Laurent
Old 04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
TE Expert

With giving critique it is the same as with getting critique. When you get critique, you try to get something out of that. If you get something out of it, or perhaps even more if not, do tell the person critisizing that is was helpfull, or that it was not.

Some people give a more psychological view on your subject. Is that helpful towards your technique? Probably not. But perhaps it helps to shape you as a photographer, to think more deeply about your subjects and then in the end perhaps as well about your composition or point of view.
Others give a more technical view on your picture. For that, you also need to upload all your picture details and explain what you have done in post processing. Critique on the technical side can only be as good as the information you provide on your picture.

Is this helpful? I'd love to know, since otherwise I'm only commenting for myself. ;-)

Greetings, Dennis
Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
TE Junior Member

The number your referring to only appears if 2 people mark it as usefull; you still wouldn't know if its the original poster or two passer-bys unfortunately.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
TE Senior Member

You could use a site that allows the posting photographer to discuss the photograph with other members.

(Yes, you can start a discussion on another part of this site, but that doesn't work very well. It's too removed from the image.)
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 AM
TE Newbie

Hey Dennis -

Very helpful thanks for the comment.

I was wondering about the feedback process as the FAQ didn't explain it to me adequately. It seems that Trekearth provides a great deal of information of your photos and other people's photos and lets you easily see feedback you have left and received. I didn't understand why you didn't get any feedback on the useful and neutral buttons.

Cheers Jamie.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Bob,

Happy to stay here thanks.

Cheers Jamie.