Does TrekEarth only show the nice sides of these world...!? - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Does TrekEarth only show the nice sides of these world..

Yes and a little bit no.
Most people here make photo's on their hollidays, treks, expat - or homecountries. It's a combination of hobby and not being journalists that produces photo's that express a positive site of life.
I guess for the majority of the TE community, being on TE is a possitive way of spending time.
I don't think people neglected the photo, maybe they just didn't think it was interesting enough from a technical POV to comment, maybe they just didn't want to think about the hardship right now.
I've posted a photo of a make-shift monument on Bali, one year after (700+ views), and one of a person eating from containers in Latvia(400+ views). I feel confident, that whatever people saw and read, was accurate. And I realy don't care about then having no points, because to be honoust, I'm not a good photographer.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Does TrekEarth only show ....

very impressive conclusion.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
TE Expert

You first sentence shows that you have understood nothing, really nothing. What a pity!Andreas doesn't need
Nevertheless, have a nice day.
Frank
Old 08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
TE Expert

...doesn't need help concerning education. I am proud that he has a social conscience!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:16 PM
TE Expert

Perhaps some manners then?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Does TrekEarth only show the nice sides...!?

I have activated this discussion and I am appalled about some reactions. Andreas wasn't informed about my approach - he's still in Ecuador. I think it's a good experience for him, seeing what happens if you enunciate your opinion, perhaps provoke a bit - but for the best. I am proud that he in his age has a social conscience and therefore I have expected some understanding. Blaming him for cadging points is ridiculous and shows a lot of sensitiveness ...
Once more, please read the theme of TrekEarth. It contains the words "learning about the world...". I myself draw the conclusion from this discussion that this world hardly will change to a better one in the foreseeable future.
Well, I am proud of Andreas and his opinion in this matter and I assure you that he doesn't need
any educational help.
Thank you all for all your comments!
Frank
Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
TE Expert

You are proud that he called others on TE "cowards"? Seriously, is this in your opinion god behavior? Polite behavior? Respectful behavior? yes, the theme of TE is learning about the world through photography, and the better the photography, the more response it gets. Is it ok to call others cowards?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:27 PM
TE Junior Member

I have to admit....you can feel free to be appalled at any of my responses. Let's take a step back and follow the progression of this little flame war.
1. You post a polite and interesting query about your son's photo and it's lack of impact on the site
2. Several people write in and mention also politley several reasons why maybe it didn't garner much interest...most of the "That's the way it works on TE" variety.
3. Your son writes a comment explicitly saying those responses must be wrong and people who didn't critique it were cowards and taking the easy way out...ignoring poverty by looking away
4. Some folks, myself included, take offense, respond thusly and point out that quite frankly...it's not that great a photo.
5. Your son reiterates the coward remark, and things go downhill from there.
6. I summarize

Sorry, I think you're anger is misplaced
Old 08-22-2006, 02:59 PM
TE Expert

Have you ever been 20 y.o....!?
For met his discussion has ended now...
Frank
Old 08-22-2006, 03:02 PM
TE Expert

also to you - have you ever been 20 years years old...!?
For me this discussion is ended now.
Frank