To trekks: the dots - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great trekks 2008-08-06 23:53

hi Tan

Interesting choice of pov, I assume you must have studied KL location before you arrived and found the right spot near the Ferry Wheel to shoot. I must say your exposure is done well at 3s to show the Towers while still maintaining the wheel's motion blur and keeping good sharpness.

Not sure about 2 red dots in the sky but Malaysian sky sometimes shows satellite blinking lights (vs stars).

My comments on this capture
.left Tower is blocked by a building in front
.nice if whole wheel in frame
.great blue hour sunset moment
.effect of lights on wheel is well done

tfs, bill

Old 08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To trekks: the dots

thanks Bill, they are not stars, the sky was solid overcast, Adrian's critique explains it well, I had not noticed them, I should have cloned them out. The building blocking the left tower is unfortunately a nuisance whether one moves right, or left. (of course I wish I could have included Menara KL in between the towers and the wheel as well :-)
Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To trekks: the dots

Despite the conditions, you did very well to capture this skyline of KL and certainly one of better KL night scene shots I have seen. Cheers, bill