New site goes live May 20th - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 05:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: New site goes live May 20th

Sorry to say that but the previous version was much much better and user friendly. This is my personal opinion of course.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned

Jonathan and JY : exactly those lists yes, I see them, Under Community and Groups, but I cannot access them anymore...(mine are private). Hopefully this will be solved soon, it was already mentioned in a previous forum ! It's a great way to keep track of people and their uploads...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
TE Senior Member

yes, i find the lists, thanks
but i still don't find the favorite list
it's very slow, i'll be back later
Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM
TE Expert

hi Justine

So incredible, how can they launch a beta when it is not fully functional? Still many bugs. Now upload is not possible because the scroll button is not available, not even the insert window. If the EXIF data is not available, the menu for date is OUT of view/reach for the mouse click or keypad typing.

Leo61, at least scroll for notes, you can use the up/down arrow key.

Have to stop upload for the next few days until they fix the bugs to get the date column fixed.

Cheers, bill
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
TE Newbie

Sorry, my English skills are limited, I would go straight to the point.

I do not like the new version for several reasons:
- The site in fluid design (Which extends over the entire surface of the browser) was much more effective.
- For many reasons, the new look is less efficient and readable (I could give my opinion on this subject, but it is too technical to explain it in English, But if you're interested in my criticism, I can do it in french).
- He lives a few bugs: http://fr.trekearth.com/critiques.php?filter=MrSoul&type=qreceived

However, the new logo is much more beautiful!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Banned

Jonathan, your "favorites" consisting of "people", are on the right side when you are on your profile, scroll down a bit, actually now you see them by their "profile photograph"...which is rather disturbing visually, in my view, too many images, simply.
Your "favorite" photographs : when you are on your account profile, on the right upper side you will see a kind of folder called "Snapshot", you will find them there...not particularly "logical"...

Yeah, Remy, I agree, the look is just on the side of "too much"...too many things visible all the time, and not when one just wants/needs them. Crowded :-).
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
TE Newbie

It's 12:45pm here in Houston, Texas and I was just clicking the refresh button to find out that the new layout is active! I am so excited!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
TE Junior Member

I really like the design very sleek. I also think it's good that points are no longer displayed behind photos. It somewhat evens the playing field in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
TE Expert

I think it's terrible! It's not about photographs anymore, but about the amazingly big part for advertisements to the top and the right. It's one big advertisement site and not a photography site anymore.

And then I'm not even talk about al the bugs.

I was already posting on Flickr, but now I really need to go and look for another professional photography site. This is looking sleek, but not about photography anymore.

Dennis
Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 PM
TE Junior Member

the horror! the horror! impossible to focus on the pictures, impossible to focus on anything. it looks messy and commercial. i have no issues with change, but really, it was nice and calm before, now it's just a mess.