Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default THE PHOTO!

Hey all!
I guess many of you people have lots of photos on your gallery (more than a page for sure), and I also guess that among all these photos, there is at least one photo that you repeatedly return to view and appreciate - appreciate for the quality of the moment, of the composition, of the technical achievement or just return back to that shutter press, when the atmosphere is so scarce in our daily life...I would be delighted to see your special photos, those that each time you spread them on your screen you say to yourself "I DID IT!" or "WHAT A MOMENT!"...
I have such photo so feel free to copy/paste your link so I and the other TE'rs could see your special moments, those moments that made your day or just made you happy of being a photographer...
Good day and good weekend!
Chen
Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: THE PHOTO!

good idea Pilpel
for me this one without hesitations:
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/France/photo67402.htm
not a perfect shot but a strange and incredible moment: Fire and lightning and i was here with my little Canon A20 for my best shot.
and this capture give me a new passion of photo.
and for the little story, this one permit to me to discover TE
because another one post this shot !!!
have a nice evening
alain
Old 11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Forgot the story

The story behind the scene: Along my trip in SA I wanted badly to do a panning shot, but even though I made several tries, I hace never got the shot I liked. I was truely lucky (and a bit more experienced) to capture my friend crosses the little stream at that beautiful day in one of the most beautiful parks in SA, the Torres Del Paine NP...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:40 PM
TE Senior Member

Default My Mona Lisa...

That's a good idea!!! For me it would be this one I suppose (the only one I can think of that has 0 point!!!!!!!!). I like the photo, and the instant was great too. I was in one of my psycho mood, well, the note says it all...
Old 11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
TE Junior Member

My fiancee and I spent the most fantastic holiday in Kenya. The first week was a safari and, towards the end of an exceptional day for photographs, I looked over my shoulder and saw this:

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Africa/Kenya/photo422638.htm

(Sorry, you'll have to click and paste as I don't know how to create a link like the others.) It may not be the best shot I've ever taken but my mood at that moment was sublime and I will never forget that African sun.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:02 PM

For me there are 2 here that I really do keep going back to. This one because it really does scream "Canada" to me, and This because I was determined to revisit the site to try to incorporate some of the suggestions made to improve my original image of the same location. We hit just about every type of weather on the drive up, and I really didn't think I would get anything worthwhile. The temperature was below freezing; it was snowing and the fog was rolling in. I just love the result. It seems others did also as it received more critiques than any of my other images.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:38 AM
TE Expert

There's so much i could tell about the photo i see most in my gallery... it's not by far the most commented, but imo it's the one that convey more the message i was trying to portrait in that moment!

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Poland/photo269064.htm

I'm not ashame to say that i'm really proud of this photo.

Mαrio
Old 11-10-2006, 02:49 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Chen, nice ideia, I will try to see photo of everybody here. Is very dificult to chose a photo that I most view or appreciate. But concerning this ideia "I did that" to me my THE PHOTO is that one:

<a href=http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/South_America/Brazil/photo470227.htm>http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/South_America/Brazil/photo470227.htm</a>

Nice day
Andre
Old 11-10-2006, 03:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Not sure which one is my favorate or appreciate on my gallery, just remembered the words that a member of Mugmum said to me when i made a meeting with him in China, "you should ruturn to look at your photos critically from time to time." WO, impressive! but i still remember the new feeling when i got this one with my new digital camera. that gave me different experience from triditional camera, it was so free...

Thanks you all and great to see the photos you show here.

Have a nice day
Mingfang.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:08 AM
TE Expert

Great question/ topic for the forum Chen!

I have to say that I have a hard time choosing 'just one' from my onlie gallery- but I'll probably have to go with one that's been featured in a few magazines- and that's this Photo.

I'll quite often grab my camera, tripod, ipod,, back pack and trekking shoes- and hit the pavement. This day I had found myself along Singapore's Orchard Road (shopping district). This escalator was well lit with these blue lights, and as always- LOTS of people.

With my headphones on- I was oblivious to the throngs of people passing by me as I stood at the bottom of the escalator focused on 'getting the shot'.

All the best!
- Dan