Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Disregarded

expressing yourself in a galant way comes often with the age .... before there is a lot of fire that gets tempered before it goes out slowly tired of the battle :))

I think what James tried to say was that rate attention express for about 80% the intensity of your activity that you can mannage yourself for 30%, meaning that you determine for 80% the attention reflected in $-points :)) so knowing that 1/3 replies and that if you want a score of 100 you need at least to do 300 invitations ... all depends on your own ambition to create this self-illusion or not and sure the one who doesn't rate at all and still gets 50 rated attentions he maybe sure that he got a very good shot.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Disregarded additional

the equation is very simple

let's say you do your 20 ratings a day

if you get a respons of 20 = 40 you got a good shot

the respons below or above speaks for itself
so the repons far above means a supershot

no ones fault to mannage the system, this is simple implied in this kind of system .... I proposed already how to adjust it in a simple way for more equality also for the new, maybe some other interests are involved too ?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:57 AM
TE Expert

BTW
my proposal was
earn your ratings capacity
one post= 20 ratings nothing more and not earning 20 ratings daily.

leave the unrated comments for several use as a reminder for yourself f.i.

it will improve better written critiques
it will increase daily posts, think about the differance, one post every 3 days is still less rewarding then posting daily and a daily post increases the sharing factor.

More chances for new people here around and on top the good photos will be spotted out in a better way, the backratings will be reduced tremendously ....

Am I wrong ?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:11 PM

54 images posted and only 6 that have received no comment / critique. I don't understand how you can consider your work "Disregarded" based on those figures.
For better or worse there is some correlation between the number of critiques you give and the number you receive. It certainly isn't a case of "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" though and I sincerely hope it never will be. The last time I checked there were over 700 images being posted to the site each day so few of us will have the time or inclination to look at every image in detail. I tend to skim through the pages simply looking at the thumbnails. If one catches my attention I will open it for a closer look and comment / critique if I think I have anything useful to say. I rarely notice the name of the photographer until I have looked at the picture so whether or not they have critiqued my work is not a factor at that point. There is only one person on the site who I actively avoid critiquing. That individual is a long standing member who receives plenty of feedback, but hardly ever leaves critiques for anyone.
When I receive critiques I will look at the pictures posted by anybody who I haven't previously noticed, but I do not and will not give critiques just because somebody is regularly critiquing my work.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
TE Expert

one last for the road to compare the system with an immage

A rich man walked in a very poor neighburhood in an Indian city where a bunch of boys were enjoying themself.
He threw a packet of cigarets in the group and they stated fighting, beating to blood to get that packet. Finally after opening that packet, there were no cigarettes in it ... the rich man was already gone .....

And these things happens !
Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
TE Expert

Not sure I understand...

You mean, to be able to do more than 20 critiques, I should post another photo? That would not be good for me and for a few other persons. I don't post often. Because I'm a slow one. I like to take my time. And not a lot of photos pass through my own court who judge the quality, validity, relevance of my photos. That's all. I am also slow to do critique. To write one critique can take me often more than 15 minutes. So, I may write 5 or 6 critiques a day. I write critiques for the simple pleasure to look at a photo and write what I think about it. Not for having points in return. Why would I have to post so-so photos just for being able to critique? Don't you think there is already to many so-so photos in TE?

Claire
Old 07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
TE Expert

It doesn't imply that you have to do a daily post and still your rating capacity you could spread over several days till the 20 earned rated ones by each post will be used , cumulation of them is not necessairy.

So I see no limitations or desadvantage towards each post at all for you in particular way, even if you would post only one a month , the advantage to give more chances to new will still be there.

And if you do only 5 or 6 critiques a day, I suppose you tend to analyse more conscious, something that could be improved on general.

Maybe the translator doesn't work well to see the target clear, try to keep the whole community in mind, as each members should be able to find a respected place in it.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 PM
TE Expert

I do like your way Keith and I try to do likewise for 10 critiques, the other ten I rehold to reply on ivitations as a form of galancy but still I go then for the better ones in their gallery as a kind of evaluation on its own.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:06 PM
TE Expert

You post critiques because well, to get noticed on a large site like TE, you have to. Thats it. 4 critques per photo posted is really barely anything. You critique a lot on TL, why should TE be any different? I dont get it. This is yet another thread, maybe #239th since Ive joined here where someone who doesnt critique doesnt understand why their photos are not noticed among the thousands of photos posted on TE. Whats really confusing is that you are a veteran of TL which is pretty much the same so you know the game. TE is much bigger than TL and if you want to be noticed, its up to you.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
TE Expert

Sorry Claire, I confused you with the original poster.