Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned

Default Disregarded

Hi, I would like to know why here on TE my photos are disregarded and on TL I am very well appreciated.

I didn't post here for a while, and I decided to give it another try before discontinuing my account on TE. But as I can see, no body except for one members, look at my photos nor comment on them.

I know my photos are as good as many others that get plenty of comments and smileys, and I wonder if you only consider commenting on members who have a sophisticated cam to be considered or some other very subjective motives.

Now... I wonder hom many of you will give me a reply.

Regards
Old 07-25-2006, 03:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Disregarded

Question is who is disregarded ?

simply write your 20 rated critiques a day and the rest will come by itself, this is the only way to invite others and built up people who like your work .... don't sit and wait that someone will come, there are so many shots daily, so some sharing effort will reward ....succes !
Old 07-25-2006, 04:00 AM
TE Expert

50 photos 200 critiques, 4 critiques per photo, theres your answer. TE is a different community, I have no idea who is well regarded on TL so TL success here isnt a give for TE success.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 AM
TE Expert

Hi Yan

the more activity you deploy here, the higher chances are to get more attention,

it is that simple,

just start commenting others` works, and the magic will follow,

TL is different to TE as Henk mentioned,
not better not worst, just different

K.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Oh dear Yen! This topic has been discussed so much on this forum. The truth is that quality has little to do with getting attention of TE. It’s a lot to do with networking and mutual support groups. The theory that writing lots of critiques gets you noticed here is also not necessarily true. TE is really about travel photography, which is hard to define, but it has something to do with presenting the different peoples, cultures and environments of the world. I had had a lot at your work and, I see, it is mostly landscapes. Landscapes can certainly work on TE too, but mostly, I think, if the are very specific to location and environment. Your pictures do probably belong more on TL. Also, you are noticed on TE, so where’s the problem? Most of us are noticed nowhere
Old 07-25-2006, 06:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Oh dear Yen! This topic has been discussed so much on this forum. The truth is that quality has little to do with getting attention of TE. It’s a lot to do with networking and mutual support groups. The theory that writing lots of critiques gets you noticed here is also not necessarily true. TE is really about travel photography, which is hard to define, but it has something to do with presenting the different peoples, cultures and environments of the world. I had had a look at your work and, I see, it is mostly landscapes. Landscapes can certainly work on TE too, but mostly, I think, if the are very specific to location and environment. Your pictures do probably belong more on TL. Also, you are noticed on TE, so where’s the problem? Most of us are noticed nowhere
Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 AM
TE Expert

Hi Yan, I checked your TL account, you wrote 4 or 5 pages of critiques within 2 days there, and here on TE, 5 months of critique within one page, roughly.
As others have said, simple as that!

H
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Yan

i've been browsing here for a while before deciding to get involved. it's pretty obvious that high scores dont go to the best images but to those who get involved themselves and critique others. maybe that's fair - put the effort in and you get critiques back. those with the highest points don't necessarily take the best photos. sucks a bit, maybe, but that's the way it is.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
TE Expert

it's pretty obvious that high scores dont go to the best images
----------------------------------------------------------------

Really? So you mean all those 100+ and 200+ points photos arent that good at all?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 AM
TE Junior Member

Wow...anger! where did I say they weren't good? Where did I say I'd seen all 100 and 200+ photos?

If it makes it simpler for you - many good images dont get as high scores as other images that may not be as good. The scoring system isn't perfect.

Take a chill pill, dude.