Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: VAN cat photos...

Hi Jay,

You're totally right on the issues you're mentioning here... The only point missed by the people who put the Van cat here, was not to post an EARTH-y photo just like the feral ones you posted here with an explanatory note showing it's toilet habits... Thus we got an idea about the Canadian feral cats' behaviours... We did not find any information about the feral cats of Canada in Vikipedia but it really doesn't matter because they are already very very well known...

Bad news is we do not have any lighthouse in the area...:)))))))))))))))

Happy projects to you...:))
Old 06-20-2007, 10:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: it tells a stupid story, yes!

Hey Marjolein,

The first thing you should know is that something not fancy can not be posted TE, especially the one you posted described as "a piece of sh***"... It doesn't matter whether you put an explanatory note... A man or a woman from India or from Africa in colored cloths but starving to death is allowed to post but your one is not... Life is life and shiny and beautiful...:)))))))

Just be careful because you might be excommunicated by the community...:))) The meaning of "constructive" depends on the circumstances and the people...
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: it tells a stupid story, yes!

Hi Bulent,
The first thing you should know is that something not fancy can not be posted TE

I think you just invented a new guideline - maybe you should inform Adam so he can update that page? :p

Life is life and shiny and beautiful...:)))))))

Oh, of course. Such a pity that with the size reduction we need to do here for TE that fly lost much of its shinyness. It was indeed quite beautiful.

:D
Old 06-23-2007, 04:14 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Stray cats, the problems of the world, etc.

You are right. It took me some days to get through your text :-).

Hahaha, like the 'God wanted it so' theory. Then I guess there are no religious people here on TE. You know, the street cats? The street cats without a note? Yeah, that's because God wanted it so.

As I can't ask the cat, I most of the time can't ask the child either. They spoke Kikongo in Angola, a tribal language in Sierra Leone, Arabic in Darfur - if they speak at all, and here outside of Medan an abandoned kid will speak the Karonese Batak language. As with the cat, you get the story from people living around, from people who care and people who seem to know but are not part of the problem.

Bottom line... It's about the note! Whether it's kids or cats or anything else! And I'll keep on writing extensive notes, no matter if people read them or not. And as with everything, you don't want to see a 1000 cats, 1000 sad kids or 1000 sunsets....

Have a good weekend!
Dennis
Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Stray cats, the problems of the world, etc.

It would take me weeks to count all the "children"-photos on TE which are without note ... I don΄t want to say names here ... but there are some users who seem to be "specialized" in kids-photos without proper notes ...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: WHY WHY WHY??

"I just saw a photo of a cat getting deleted"

Was it a mafia hit?

kev
Old 06-23-2007, 02:19 PM
TE Expert

Kev, there are forces at work here beyond our comprehension! Some would call it 'God', others mass hysterical behaviour and some even call it 'Terms of service'!

All three very abstract and difficult to grasp...

Dennis
Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
TE Expert

aaaah!! If it is so difficult to grasp after all the learned posts to this thread I will go and have a cup of tea instead!!

Thankyou for the explanation and warning Dennis - I am now .......running .......in the opposite.......direction.......

I'm glad it wasn't the mafia :-))

kev
Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Is this what the fuss was about?

The cat seems alive to me.....