Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 PM
TE Expert

Default Settings, no notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshulyadav1206 View Post
Some of you who choose instant notification email or daily email or weekly email but are still not getting notification because you are not subscribed to that thread. If you start new thread or reply to existing thread after doing these settings you get subscribed automatically to those threads (...)
Dear administrators,
Please, let me put this clear.
First, which thread are you talking about? Any thread, in these non-photo forums, I suppose.
Second, I did such settings, I get some notificiations from this and General forum threads, but I still have the original problem: before this change, I used to receive email notifications with the title "Your TrekEarth Daily Critique Replies Alert", when somebody replied to my critiques. And I used to receive also emails with the title "TrekEarth Forum Alert", when there were replies in discussions on photo critiques. Of course you know what I mean.
Now, I get none of those email notifications.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
TE Newbie

Hey did you followed all the steps for setting notification. Select Instant messaging option and don't forget to subscribe to the thread. As you wont be getting notification till you are unsubscribed...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation 2 systems

Hello,
I think I understand what Francisco (xuaxo) is saying. It seems that there is a problem in alerts for the replies to critiques (in the section of pictures). This one of the forum is working well. I'm not receiving alerts for replies to my CRITIQUES TO PHOTOS.
IMPORTANT, please: when we write a CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO, there is no option to subscribe. Only when we reply to a critique or to a reply... at this moment, the system of subscribing starts working (for this one who subscribes, not for the one who wrote the critique)... we enter in the forum system only when we reply. It doesn't work for the first action.
Of course, we select Instant messaging option and we subscribe to the thread, WHEN THERE IS THIS OPTION, which is not the case when we WRiTE A CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO.
Docarmo

Last edited by Docarmo; 02-23-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: text improvement
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Still no Replies to Photo critiques

Dear anshulyadav1206,
I'm not sure I understand your reply regarding "subscribing to a thread". However, both Docarmo and Xuaxo have succinctly described the correct problem. Yes, I am getting alerts regarding notifications to a thread on the Forum but I am still not getting email alerts advising me that I have a "reply to a written photo critique". As stated before, the only way I can see a reply is to go to "critiques written" and look for the "+" sign next to the critique I've written.
Thank you for your assistance, it would be good to have this facility up and running again as it is this interaction between members that is so important to the TE site.
Regards
Peter
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
TE Expert

Default The problem is *Critique* Replies Alert

Quote:
Hey did you followed all the steps for setting notification. Select Instant messaging option and don't forget to subscribe to the thread. As you wont be getting notification till you are unsubscribed...
Dear Anshul,
The problem is not the threads.
I'm afraid I didn't make me understood. (My mother language is Portuguese, not English.) Let me try again, like Docarmo did, in other words:
1. I did all the steps for setting notification.
2. I subscribe the threads of this and other forums.
3. I get notifications of those threads.
4. I do not get notifications when somebody reply to my critiques. That happened before, by emails with the subject / title "Your TrekEarth Daily Critique Replies Alert". No such email notification now. That's why this discussion subject is "Critique Replies Alert", since 01-28-2010.
Is this new situation a bug or a new feature?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks everyone, we understand . Tech is working on it.
Thank you for your patience.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
TE Newbie

Its working now..
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
TE Expert

Exclamation waiting

Quote:
Its working now..
I critiqued this photo http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1184663.htm yesterday at 14:15 PST (22:15 GMT).
You wrote "It's working" at 14:53 PST (22:53 GMT).
Docarmo replied at 19:43 PST (03:43 GMT, today in GMT).
I'm still waiting for alerts today at 01:50 PST (09:50 GMT).
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation To whom it may concern

To whom it may concern,
When we write a CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO, there is no option to subscribe. Only when we reply to a critique or to a reply... at this moment, the system of subscribing starts working (for this one who subscribes, not for the one who wrote the critique)... we enter in the forum system only when we reply. It doesn't work for the first action, i.e., for the person who write the critique to a photo.
We had the option to choose Receive an email whenever someone replies to your critique. in the "Alerts profile" of the public profile (mine is chosen), but it doesn't work anymore.

For the succeeding replies, it works (I chose the subscribing system, instant message).

IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE TWO SYSTEMS NOT LINKED TO EACH OTHER.

Thanks for trying to fix what we are trying to explain
Docarmo
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 PM
TE Expert

Lightbulb suggestion

I have a suggestion to the administrator -anshulyadav1206. Please, write a critique to one of my pictures, as if you were a simple member, just to see what is happening. I will reply your critique and you will not receive any alert for my reply. Just to test .
Thanks in advance,

Tags
alert, critique, email, message, reply