Stolen photo! - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Stolen photo!

Hi Jose,
wow, that's interesting! all those photos.... I didn't try Tineye.com. Well, it means that all the images posted on TE are from various srouces. No wonder this person (who turned out to be a kid) never responds to any comments and doesn't write critiques!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:02 AM
TE Expert

Hello Luc,
thanks for warning! I seldom use the forum, anyway, and never for such purposes as discussing stolen photos. I know stolen photos are a serious problem, but looks like not much can be done about it ... :(
Old 12-24-2008, 08:18 AM
TE Newbie

Stoling photos is stupid IMO, but stoling crappy pictures....
:-)
Merry Christmas !
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Something just doesn't ring true with the individual in question. They've been a member for over 2 years so (a) would know the rules and (b) if the claimed age is true joined age 9!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
TE Senior Member

Besides, reading some of critiques made by other members to this person her name used to be Jonathan...
Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
TE Newbie

Is "Hopey" from Sweden realy a nasty (sick) grown man? who hopes to get in contact with some genuine young girls.
The story is much too detailed, heartbreaking and "innocent".
Old 12-25-2008, 09:27 AM

I shared some of the suspicions voiced here, and perhaps still do. It's certainly quite intriguing. The amount of irrelevant personal detail including the names and ages of older sisters, the strange American sounding name, the heart-rending combination of poor little orphan stuff with apparently amazing musical talent, the intrepid regular posting of photos for at least a year, the use of stolen and/or old photos from as long ago as 1995, the use of the name 'Jonathan' up to at least 18 November this year, photo titles that just don't have the ring of an author of only 10 or 11 years; it all seemed very odd and somehow, to me, not genuine.

BUT...

Click on this link and this and you might form a different conclusion.
Furthermore, it turns out that Anna Sundstrand, the ALLEGED cousin, is a pop star with some Swedish pop group called Play.

Is that all there is to it?
If hopey/Jonathan Anne Douilard IS merely a genuine young Swedish fellow with a strangely American manner stealing mediocre photos to upload, is his presence on TE something to be concerned about? I wouldn't be over-concerned about the photo fakery, as they are so mediocre as to attract little attention; others will probably disagree.

AND YET... Is it too cynical to suggest that Windows Live MIGHT be a playground for sinister exploitative types masquerading as kiddies?

I typed Jonathan Anne Douilard into Google.

Turns out this Jonathan Anne Douilard (what kind of a name is that???) has a blog thingy on Snappville where he states his religion to be Wiccan and claims no family connection with Anna Sundstrand. If you have got this far, have a good look at this page and some of the links and photos.

Same person is on Flickr with virtually the same intro/profile and at http://www10.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=694860 and http://www.snappville.com/JonathanAnneDouilard. And probably on other sites; I stopped at the end of the first page of search results.

After all that, and wasting an hour, I'm still suspicious.

While I don't like the idea of discussing another member in a forum like this, I would like to know if other members think this case warrants a report to the admin. Or have I just drunk too much Christmas wine today?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:14 AM
TE Newbie

Hi, Andrew, and a merry Christmas to you.
Must say, you did a nice piece of work as a detective almost.
Although my intention, in my 1. message was meant to be "lets forget
Hope, he/she is false all the way through", and I belive that your message proof this.
Since my note (which was my first ever) I have had a "TrekEarth Forum Message Alert" wonder whar that is.
Best rgds and Happy New Year, Ole
Old 12-25-2008, 12:31 PM
TE Expert

WOW!! What a story! It's an interesting old world!!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:28 PM
TE Senior Member

jes...
This still doesn't make senses, I'v tried to find something out in different swedish site by googling on the subject, and every where there is something to find it, it's this portrait that looks like it's been taken in a Primary school photo setting some decades ago. IMO this is a strange kind of Joke or a play with the medium it self. And the fact that this semi celeb named Anna Sundstrand figuring here just makes it even more peculiar, maybe there's a stalker we have here ?