To Wanda1: Hi Wanda and thanks! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Wanda1 2011-05-03 4:31

Hi Stefan,
We will be visiting this beautiful place in a few weeks time, and your shot is good inspiration for getting nice shots. Love the completely lonely single tree in the vast emptiness, and tehe contrast between the colours of white red and blue are great.
regards
Wanda

Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Wanda1: Hi Wanda and thanks!

Thank you for your comment. I didnt know about Sossusvlei until I saw a photo of it here at TE. Its truly a magical place. However the day we visited the dunes it was quiet windy and at a moment, I considered to go back due to lack of sight. The sand was blowing so at a stage we just could see 50 m. However we did continued and in the Dead Vlei next to Sossus, it was almost no wind at all and very calm. The last 4km is 4x4 driving, to go with the ride offered by the park the last 4 km cost 150 $N, if you dont have 4x4. Also make shure you are in time for the opening at the main gate (Namibia is also Africa...). We where there half an hour before it opend, but there was a lot of cars before us. I wish you a safe journey to fantastic place!
/Stefan
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Sossus

Hi Stefan,
Thank you for the useful information. We are hiring a 4x4 so it will be helpfull.
It is good that you persevered through the wind and continued on to get some nice shots.
Regards
Wanda