Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2019-03-16 4:53

Hello Mariusz,

This is a beautiful composition of swing bridge and adjacent, city features all combined in this sweet photograph. I love how one feature automatically leads to the next and all have this warm, amber colouration.
You have shown the castle which features in 'Newcastle' and the tower of the cathedral, all neatly exhibited against the skyline.
I like it very much.
My only negative would be that it is a little unsharp - just a little!
I have added a w/s for your perusal, which I hope you will like.
If you would like any further info about it, please send me an email.

Kind regards,
Bev :-)

Old 03-16-2019, 12:42 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: sharpness

Hi Bev,
thank you for your kind words.
I always like if people spend time on my photo, this is always flattering.
However, I think this time it must be again the issue of the different monitors or web browsers.
On my screen my photo is actually a bit over-sharpened and some people pointed out how sharp they see it as well emphasizing it.
Unfortunately this issue persists: I noticed it being more pronounced for horizontal photos so for horizontal photos I add usually an extra link to beta-TrekEarth or so. For vertical I didn't see that much of the issue.
Sometimes on my computer at work where the settings are not optimal I see the photo being too stretched and the quality decreased.
Can you try to look at this version?
I wonder if this helps. It should display the original version.
I normally gladly accept the criticism but I even wondered if I may have overdosed sharpness that is why I am certain it is the matter of settings...
Kind regards,
Mariusz
Old 03-16-2019, 01:40 PM
TE Expert

Default Sharpening🤔

Thank you for your response, Mariusz.
I think you must be right about settings. This looks perfectly sharp ... I am looking on my iPad, which I hope will be the same as my monitor.
I was hesitant about doing a w/s but, on my monitor, it definitely looked improved.
Whatever, I loved the photograph; it was excellent compositionally and from the blue hour mood.

Have a good w/e.
Bev 😊
It's dreadful, here, absolutely bucketing down and blowing a gale.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 PM
TE Expert

Dear Beverley,
sometimes I am worried. Recently when I printed some of my photos they looked quite dark in print.
I just don't know if what I see is a real photo or something distorted by the screen.
I noticed for example when I prepare photo for TE in the evening or morning it makes difference.
Possibly in the evening some displays get brighter. So the contrasts get affected too.
Maybe my photos are bad quality but I am happy with them because my laptop makes them look better?
Kind regards,
Mariusz
Old 03-17-2019, 03:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Photographic Quality

Don't worry, Mariusz, your photographs are of good quality.

I notice that if I move the tilt on my monitor, it can seriously affect the contrast of my photographs.

As long as you are happy with the result, that's all you can do!

Best wishes,
Bev