Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-01-04 3:01

Hello Elvira,
It's a very nicely patterned scenery. Trees, huts, hills, stone walls and snowy peaks are all in the right places. With due respect, it's like the photo composed itself. ;-) But you handled the exposure well. I have never been further up-country in Montenegro than Podgorica and the road from Sarajevo, but the coastal area is also very scenic.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To holmertz: .....

Hello Gert,Your contributions always provide food for thought, (is this an expression that can be used in english?), it is a topic I would like to discuss: does a picture "exist" and the photographer only points his camera on it? Assuming he has a decent equipment, is the photographer bound to be successful?
I suppose you already know I want to hear "no no no" as an answer.....
Regards from very grey Osnabrόck
Elvira
Old 01-04-2019, 10:49 AM
TE Expert

I was sort of joking, as you well know. Good photos often look very simple but "compose themselves" only if the photographer has the talent to see the obvious composition. I see so many photos on TE which make me think "Oh my God, how could (s)he post such a photo? What's the point?". So, "does a photo exist?" is like asking if a sound is a sound if absolutely no living creature is there to hear it?

Yes, "food for thoughts" is a proper expression in English.

Regards,

Gert
Old 01-04-2019, 11:14 AM
TE Junior Member

Default ....

you see, I have too much time to chat and fish for compliments! Yes of course i knew how you meant it. But really, I would like to discuss this topic and some more, but it is really tough to get a dialogue started. And of course the risk to be misunderstood always is obvious, if someone like me reads and writes in an other than her mother language.<br />
Since there are the wonderful possibilities of digital photos, I sometimes edit books as present for friends, selected photos from my archives. One of them I made last year had the subtitle : pictures are already there, you only have to point the camera on it. You see, I take it serious!
I add the cover as picture, I don`t know wether it works, so here is a link to it:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VjuHWCRhXozG6F8bA

Last edited by notrap; 01-04-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:34 PM
TE Expert

I'm sorry to say that the link didn't work. I am told that "we" don't know what happened.

Gert