Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good leiju 2009-02-24 13:30

A regular street sight, the kind that brings us into the place, a worthwhile contribution, IMO.
However, it would have been about ten worlds better if the man had been sitting towards us rather than away. Now we are excluded from the scene, we remain passers-by, voyeurs, tourists...

Because the man is turned away, we are left wandering around the image, with no easy point to fix, nowhere to lay our eyes upon. The sign atop is slightly too high and out of the way to jump at us straight away. I allowed myself to post a cropped version of the picture in the workshop, to try and tackle the issue by tightening the scene, making the brick wall part of the frame to this diagonal escape into space. I'm not sure it works, I would be grateful if You could let me know what You think of this approach :)

Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To leiju: A day in the life of a street.

Julia,
Thanks I have looked at your workshop and I have to say it has improved it, thanks for that.
On the occasion of taking the photo I was a passer by so the composition was just as it was at the moment, and in a way I like to take the picture with as little influence on the scene as possible so as not to make it less natural.
All the best
Mike
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: A day in the life of a street.

Mike,

I completely agree about keeping the scene as it is. I guess I was just pointing out the one thing that keeps this photo from being part of the popular ones :) I definitely am not a proponent of changing daily just-as scenes for the purpose of photography :)

All the best, and keep on posting! :)
Julia