Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great canova 2007-06-08 12:58

Hi Julia,

I am happy to find those new shots from you. You have a natural talent for shooting snowy stuff and landscapes, which does not come necessarily naturally for many of us. I happen to be quite lost in front of the snow, not really knowing how to picture it.

Nobody knows what you will find in Asia, and I am not sure even you knows what you are exactly looking for there. But you definitely, through your art, gave rise in me to curiosity and a thirst to get to know your homeland better, a region of the world I knew little of (not to say I only had very caricatural prejudice, which I knew not to rely on, but still represented my full knowlege) before getting to know you.

Since my father's tales of trip through inhospitable deserts, I have always dreamt of experiencing the mysteries of desolate sandy areas. Now there is another spot I am eager to get to know. A place which would look like this dreamy and contrasted landscape which I discovered and learned to love in your photos.

I am not sure what I will find there, nor what I am looking for finding there (and I know I might be disappointed in comparison to your pics :P).

But I am already very grateful towards you for offering to my life anything else to long for.

One question, did you reframe the original pic? Or did you use some sophisticated software to make a panoramic shot out of a couple shots?

Great idea to use this black frame. It is a great asset to light up the scenery.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To canova: Merci!

Merci encore et toujours pour tes commentaires si positifs!

C'est vrai que je ne sais pas vraiment ce que je cherche en Asie, mais l est peut tre la rponse: je ne cherche rien, sinon dcouvrir ce qui vient ;D

Je suis heureuse de savoir que le fait de m'avoir rencontr t'a montr une autre facette de ce grand Nord o je suis ne. Et je peux te dire que ces paysages froids ont une chaleur incroyable. Ou peut tre elles te permettent de dcouvrir tout un autre monde l'intrieur de soi.
mais ce qui est le plus marquant c'est le manque d'ombres... la lumire tant si diffuse.

En ce qui concerne cette image je n'ai fait que la recarder pour enlever un petit bout en bas pour la recentrer sur l'essentiel. Je suis en train de devenir fan de panoramas, ou d'images tout fait carres... mais le format classique ne me plat plus autant, je le trouve plat et un brin ennuyeux!

Merci encore pour tout ton enthousiasme en ce qui concerne mes photos!
C'est un plaisir de savoir qu'elles sont apprcies!

Merci!
Bisous,
Julia