Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Cretense 2007-11-15 4:36

Hi Emiel!

Nice title for this great photo! Nice diagonal perspective and composition and beautiful colours. You have a slight problem of distortion, caused by the wide angle lens, the mans seems "unnormal", very short and fat but you can easily fix it in PS. Besides that, a great job! Congratulations!

Hercules

Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Cretense: Distorted fat man!

Hi Hercules,

Thanks for your reply! I -think- it isn't even that much of a distortion problem, ofcourse it is present here due to the wide angle, but I kind of fixed it allready! For the building atleast, so the same degree of 'fixing' is also applied for the man. I see from the original, yes..he got a little 'fatter' in the TIFF file than in the original RAW.
I guess the fix for the building just didn't work out for the man, making him appear like he does.
Keep in mind though, this man wasn't tall anyway (he come on, I'm Dutch, your all shorty's ;) ), and the church was low too, this might put some accent on what you see!
Thanks for pointing it out though, I should look for this next time I fix distortion in a shot with a person in it!

Greetings my friend,
Emiel.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Cretense: Distorted fat man!

Hi Emiel!

Glad to see you back with wonderful photos from my country! We are not all "shorties". I am 1.87, am I considered a "shorty"? Just kidding, hey? No offense :-)))

Hercules
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Cretense: Distorted fat man!

Ah..we have the same length :)
Ofcourse you're not all shorties..but hey, Dutch people are the tallest folk in the world...touch that :) (just averages, world records 2.73m for a man is not in our hands)

But well, quite some Greek people are quite short, not all ofcourse :)

I'm back yes..just still not on a high tempo with adding photo's..I have some Mykonos photo's to add later though! First have to add some more Paros/Amorgos/Naxos cause I've visited those first.
Anyway, have a nice weekend!