Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Emiel_Skyfreak 2007-10-22 16:00

Hi Stelios,

Very charming photo, very good details on the water, I like the ripplings..and nice rich colours. The sun is positioned at a good location in the frame, nicely put off center. Flares are well controlled, did you use a lens hood? If not..well then it seems the kitlens is pretty flare resistant..wonderful! The choice for these settings is fine I think, F8 is an optimal choice for max. sharpness on most (and mainly cheap) lenses. F8-F11 is most of the times the sweet spot for optimal sharpness. So that's well chosen and the ISO 400 didn't hurt, I don't see any noise. Crisp colours, nice reflections and a fine border finish the rest and make it a fine presented photo. Well done!
Greetings.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 AM
TE Expert

Default To Emiel_Skyfreak: Thanks: When a River meets the Sea

Dear Emiel,

Thank you for commenting, I'm glad you like my photo,
no lens hood used, unfortunately i don't have one for the 18-55 lens :(
The good thing about Canon cameras is the low noise levels, even in ISO 800 you can shot remarkable pictures.
I agree with you on the f/8 - f/11 being the best value for sharpness for the 18-55 canon lens

Once again thanks for your comments
Best Regards
Stelios
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Emiel_Skyfreak: Thanks: When a River meets the Sea

Yeah it is true about the ISO's at Canon's cam's, ISO 400 or 800 shouldn't hurt, not on a 350D, 400D or 30D. The latter can even produce nice looking images on 1600 ISO.
Good work.. F8 /F11 next time is all the best there is.

See you around,
Cheers,
Emiel.