Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great luisafonso 2007-05-04 4:12

This is surely one of the best posts TE has to offer. Both note and photo are impossible to be fully appreciated without one another. And this strong and beautiful relation only proves that you indeed are a very special member - and person, btw ;) Love your photo. I am a big fan of these minimalists shots. I've been trying to record something like this for my Landscape Calendar but unfortunately we don't have these large "desolated" sceneries here in Portugal. Or at least, I didn't found any till know. Probably just one technical remark that I might have done differently. I would have exposed the row of trees in a way more detail came from it, while throwing the rest to a even more white appearance (specially the sky). But probably you wanted to dark that row to even enhance the minimalism of it. It's so beautiful. I can imagine myself there with large headphones in my head listening to Sigur Ros or Sibelius...

Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To luisafonso: a humble Thank You

Oh Luis...
I wonder if it is in any way possible to give me a nicer compliment. Thank You. I am honored to have You not only come by and check it out but also to receive such words! I am impressed, falttered, touched :)

And as for the technical idea, You are quite right, and I have to say that I thought about it too. Making it that bit more light made it into something quite abstract. I have seen some excellent abstracts here on TE but decided to go for something a bit more down to Earth ;)
And on top of that, Lapland is a strangely Earthy place. Even though it takes You into a different world and through a whole range of quite extraordinary sensations, when in Lapland there is a power drawing You to simplicity. But an Earthy, grouded simplicity.

:) oh yes... some Icelandic Sigur Ros would certainly compliment it all ;) but Sibelius might add just a bit too much nostalgy into an already quiet atmosphere ;)

Thank You, Luis. Thank You.
All the best, and much more!