Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2013-10-06 23:56

Hallo Chris,

beautiful photo from Meteora, not usual, without any monastery. Amazing rock formations indeed. excellent colours and sharpness. haha, we can see the climbers! How tine they are. Good for scale.
I am impatient, waiting for kappadokia with also amazing rock formations.

have a nice week

MAlgo

Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: Cappadocia

Hi Malgo

But I haven't been to Cappadocia.... yet. I did the west coast of Turkey from Istanbul to Selchuk Ephesus Pamukale, then to Samos in Greece.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
TE Expert

Hi, you haven't been, I guess. But I go next week and this makes me impatient .

Warm regrads Malgo
Old 10-07-2013, 05:15 PM
TE Expert

Default Turkey

Hi Itchyfeet

You will be able to fill me in on some good tips and shooting angles then! Bus travel in Turkey is quick, simple, efficient and cheap, they even bring you water and snacks included in the bus ticket price, and none of the scams for baggage handling, as in Morocco. Air travel is also very cheap. Around 200 Turkish lira or $100 for a o/w 1,800 km flight. There are travel agents in all big Turk cities. I would fly to Cappadocia and maybe Nemrut too? Then Ephesus / Pammukale (which I HAVE seen) then bus to Bergama, Gallipoli & Istanbul or again, fly from Ephesus back to Istanbul. The only catch is the 15 kg weight limit, but I paid 6 tl for each kilo in excess of 15 kg with a total weight of 37 kg ( I paid about 90 tl excess fees all up), when moving house from Erzurum to Ismit.

Last edited by ChrisJ; 10-07-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 10-07-2013, 06:12 PM
TE Newbie

Really amazing picture, I travelled Greece last year but did not have enough time to visit some parts of Greece, now I see what I missed. Definitely a reason to go back.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:52 AM
TE Expert

Talking

I bought two days bus tour from Istanbul. My dream is to see Nemrut but they told me it is already too late. Maybe next time? I will be mainly in Istanbul, visiting mosques. M.