Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-11-08 5:05

Hello Les,

This is a very finely composed photograph of this country graveyard, the old lichen covered gravestones making a strong foreground feature in a carpet of fallen autumn leaves and with the church and its tower perfectly placed in the frame beneath a threatening cloudy, almost monochrome, sky.

I very much like how you have controlled what was probably an overly bright sky and I also like how you have resisted any temptation to oversaturate the colours of the fallen leaves as their colours are just perfect. Excellent details and sharpness too.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Just one thing intrigues me: looking at your exif data I see that the light is stated as "tungsten" - I would have expected a much warmer colour temperature in this image if that were the case as this was clearly taken in daylight.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Talking To tyro: Wrong setting!

Hello John,
how very observant of you,I`m not sure how it happened but I somehow twiddled the wrong knob and ended up with the tungsten setting, fortunately as I was shooting in RAW it was an easily rectified error.
Best regards Les.

Tags
setting, wrong