Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
TE Expert

Default Site recommendation....

If you're anything like me, you've probably spent a small fortune on Photoshop books and magazines over the years- for that reason the name Scott Kelby may sound familiar. Scott's the editor of Photoshop User magazine as well as numerous books on everything from from iPods and iPhones to Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. His books are buy far the first place I turn to if I want easy to read/ understand and informative information.

However, it wasn't until recently that I discovered NAPP 'National Association of Photoshop Professionals' which is also the home of Photoshop User online. All the same information as you find in the magazines and more. Video clips, tutorials, blogs, events, plug-ins, you name it- it's here.

Hope you find it of use!
- Dan
Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Site recommendation....

Thanks, I am a long time fan of the "photoshop guys" (Kelby, Kloskowki and the other one, Dan whoever, I forgot the name).

If you install Itunes on your computer or you own and Ipod, you can also upload weekly podcasts from NAPP aka. "the photoshop guys".

Matt Kloskowski from NAPP also runs an excellent podcast focused only on Lightroom, available free on Itunes.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:46 PM
TE Expert

If your on Facebook Luko, they also have a Facebook Group called the 'Photoshop Guys'.

Cheers!
- Dan
Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
TE Expert

I am a member of NAPP but won't renew, I guess I can allocate enough time to it to make it worth while.

My recommendation however for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge in photoshop would be books by Katrin Eismann, "photo retouching and restoration" and "masking and compositing", from my point of view this was the best money I ever spent when it comes to photoshop.

As for sites I like retouchpro.com

Anyway, looks like the forums here are pretty much dead I am not sure if anyone reads the messages, I guess I could swear to my heart content and nobody would notice ;-)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:44 PM
TE Senior Member

i'm reading ;o)

ok, a bit more then 24 hours late, but still ...

thank you all for the valuable info!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 PM
TE Junior Member

"Dan whoever"I forgot the name...Oh my God man!
That is Dan Margulis and not Dan whoever and he is several classes above all the other ones together:(
Jesus!
Nelu
Old 11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
TE Expert

"Dan whoever"I forgot the name...Oh my God man!
That is Dan Margulis and not Dan whoever and he is several classes above all the other ones together:(
Jesus!
Nelu

===========
and non members of margulis cult will not be punished by death for not remembering the name lol.