Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2015-04-29 10:36

Hello Karen

Beautiful desert photograph: I guess you must have been up pretty early to catch this! And you've managed to make the scene look truly remote, despite you claim to have done it the easy way, from a road. There's not a single sign of any human interference with nature at all as far as I can see.

Regards

Will

Old 05-01-2015, 02:09 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To willperrett: wilderness

Hi Will, I was up at 4 a.m. for 5 days straight as we traversed the eastern sierras and Death Valley in search of beauty in wilderness. Actually the highway is just a 15 minute walk from the dunes where you see the straight line near mountain. Mezquite Dunes are right along the highway So easy for people to get to. It is near Stovepipe Wells, a small oasis in desert. I didn't know that Death Valley has 5 dune areas. Actually the great color in the sky was about 5 minutes before this photo because I scurried around looking for better fg lines. So I actually missed the moment.
Thank for looking,
Karen