Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 06:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Cannot change my profile

Cannot change my profile, because it tells me my e-mail is invalid, which it isn't. What can be done ?
Thanks in advance for your help !
Marie-Louise.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:36 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Marie-Louise!

Thank you for reaching out. I logged-in with your username and didn't experience your problem. What were you trying to change in your profile?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:40 AM
TE Expert

Good morning Anna,
Well, I managed to change my photo, and then I wanted to change the whole text, and I couldn't do it. The answer from the site was : Invalid e-mail address.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Marie-Louise.

Last edited by maloutim; 08-13-2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: error
Old 08-13-2019, 04:51 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Maloutim,

I have brought the issue-up to our tech department. Thank you for your patience during this time! Could you screenshot the message you get when you try to change your profile text?

Also, were you trying to change the email address or just your profile info?
Are you using the beta version of the site?

Last edited by IBanna; 08-13-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:45 AM
TE Expert

Default Screenshot

Thanks for your reply Anna, Here is the screenshot I get when I try to change the text of my profile.I want to keep the same e-mail address, and I wonder if the site is wary of it because it’s @free.fr . And yet I have had it for 15 years.I often use the Beta version of the site when viewing the photographs, bacause I find it more pleasant. However, when I have to do some work in my gallery, modify something or use the forums, I close Beta and only have normal TE open.Kind regards.Marie-Louise

• Personal Profile
Profiles: Personal Profile | Equipment Profile | Alerts Profile | Groups Profile
Invalid email.First Name:Last Name:Country:
Email Address:Password:***** [[url=https://www.trekearth.com/changepass.php]———]Allow TrekEarth members to contact you?Yes NoDefault Workshop Postings Behavior:Allow Don't AllowDefault Point System Behaviorisplay Points Do Not Display PointsDisplay photographer name and
points in thumbnail images?Yes NoDisplay Comments?Yes NoFeatured Photos Display:Random Highest Rated Most RecentDisplay Photo Viewer in Intro?Yes NoShow Pinterest button?Yes NoIntro:
I only ever wrote one introduction to my TE account in 2006.
Now, after 13 years spent on the site, I think it’s time to edit my profile.
It’s been 13 years of joy, watching your photos, sharing mine, and generally interacting with you all.
It’s been so pleasing to travel around the world through all the members’posts.

However, something serious is happening to our beautiful planet, and has been happening for many years, with our leaders and ourselves trying as hard as possible to ignore it.
I am talking about Global Warming; This year in particular (but less than the years to come), it’s difficult to ignore it, with the heat waves that have been striking, the violent storms, the floodings, the melting of the ice at the poles and in the mountains, and the immigration of the people who are the most deeply hurt by these factors.
I am really sorry if I sound pessimistic, which I am not as a rule.

So to remain optimistic, we thought in our family to stop travelling by plane for one thing.
I have still got a lot of photos from my years to far away countries, so I shall post those and I am sure I’ll find plenty of opportunities for useful posts from France, Brittany, Britain or Europe at the farthest, when it can be reached by train.
Thanks for your appreciation.

TE members that I have met:
Carlo62
UlfE (Ulf Eriksson) - Ricx (Richard Beghin)
If anyone comes to the Brest region in Brittany, I'll be delighted to meet them and show them some sites.

Last edited by Porteplume; 08-14-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:56 AM
TE Expert

I wasn't sure of how to screenshot the message as you asked me, so I copied and paste the whole page I got when I tried to change my profile.
Unfortunately the whole page didn't paste , espevcially the line "e-mail invalid" doesn't appear as you can see above.
Eagerly waiting for your advice :-)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:41 PM

Hello Marie-Louise,

Do you mean you don’t know HOW to make a screenshot = capture d'cran?
Did you use a computer, a tablet or your phone?

Amicalement,
Viviane

PS: https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/...apture-d-ecran

Sur PC. Pour capturer tout l'cran, il suffit simplement d'appuyer sur la touche "Print" ou "Scrn" ou encore "Impr cran Syst" (situe juste ct de la touche "F12"). Ensuite, pour l'insrer dans un document, il faut appuyer sur les touches Ctrl+V ou cliquer, avec l'aide du bouton droit de la souris, sur Coller

Last edited by Porteplume; 08-14-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:31 PM

I got the same message when trying to change my e-mail address some months ago. After numerous attempts over an extended period I gave up.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:26 PM
TE Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Hello Marie-Louise,

Do you mean you don’t know HOW to make a screenshot = capture d'cran?
Did you use a computer, a tablet or your phone?

Amicalement,
Viviane

PS: https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/...apture-d-ecran

Sur PC. Pour capturer tout l'cran, il suffit simplement d'appuyer sur la touche "Print" ou "Scrn" ou encore "Impr cran Syst" (situe juste ct de la touche "F12"). Ensuite, pour l'insrer dans un document, il faut appuyer sur les touches Ctrl+V ou cliquer, avec l'aide du bouton droit de la souris, sur Coller
Hi Marie,
Could you try screenshotting using the method Viviane provided? I can't bring this issue up to tech without the screenshots. Do you have a dell? You could use a snipping tool. If you have a mac, you could use ctrl+shift+4 and your cursor will turn into a plus sign you can drag to create a screenshot.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:48 PM

I first reported the problem in October 2018 in this thread https://www.trekearth.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=958358

You'll see there that it was acknowledged to be a system problem. I'm not sure what a screenshot will provide which hasn't already been detailed previously.