To bertolucci: dance in my portofolio - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bertolucci 2009-05-18 12:59

Hi Dora, this is such a strong and evocative one. All the things in the compo - including the noise work together in a fascinating way.
'nough said - xcellent!
I like the way the dance plays an important role in y'r portfolio.
Have a fine week and take care :-)
Best wishes

Old 05-21-2009, 06:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To bertolucci: dance in my portofolio

i'm attracted by all sorts of dynamic instances in photography, by people's performances, by people trying to be their better selves.
i think that's how i got to have so much dance in my portofolio ;o) (i have a lot more dance shots, still waiting to be sorted and consistently post processed, i have stuff for a few more then decent dance series still waiting to be finished and maybe posted somewhere, not TE of course, have considered Flickr pro but am not sure just yet and i don't want to post all over the place, 2 sites - TE included - is more then enough)

people are different when they dance, when they whole heartedly sing or act, when they perform, when they allow themselves to really be themselves, when their (livelier, truer, forever young, no-matter-what-happy, truly creative) inner self is not so deeply hidden behind the every day boring and (seemingly) all-rule-obeying and grown-up-behaving masks.

that's where i think beauty is.
i believe those are the moments when people (can) become little gods.
those are the moments i'm after.

for a while now i've been planning to shoot some sports too (for the same reasons mainly) but unfortunately i don't have much time for 'leisure' photography ;o).
that is practically my problem right now.
or maybe it's just because i still need time to think about all this ;o)
dunno yet ;o)

thanks a lot, bert!
and take care!
teodora