To isabela_sor: Hatred - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

isabela_sor 2006-12-27 8:29

Dear Gloria...
Tell me if you really like this photo/portrait(as subject or technique or ...or...)...
All the best

Old 12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To isabela_sor: Hatred

Is it because of the hatredness towards the indians she is coming up with such disgusting photos?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To isabela_sor: Hatred

Not at all,Gloria,but really I cann't see in this pic nothing interesting!Not technique,not a good framing,nothing....Sorry,I am an amateur photographer,I try to learn but what can I learn from your photo?
Gloria,I repet,please try to see the beauty of life..open your soul
Very friendly
Isabela
Old 12-27-2006, 09:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Hi dear friends

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not here to defend anybody.
I find the picture a little disgusting indeed. But, as I quote in my profile,
"The underlying theme of TrekEarth is learning more about the world through photography." (From About TrekEarth.)
TrekEarth is not to show only the beauty of life. TrekEarth is not mainly to learn about photography (techniques and so on); for that there is TrekLens ("Learning about photography through our world").
So, if Gloria wants to present a picture of "Really persistent begger" in India, the disgusting photo shows how she (the begger) looks like. It's not nice, but it happens, it's reality. And I can find the same also in my own country and many others.
I would not post this picture. I guess there are much better pictures to "learn about India through photography", and pictures that teach more about India. Anyway I think that Gloria has the right to post it and that is according to TrekEarth purposes.
Happy New Year to all!
Francisco
Old 12-27-2006, 11:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Hi dear friends

Dear Francisco
Perfect agreed with you,but I have only one big question:for our friend Gloria...India means only beggary and ugliness...why?Maybe I feel too much affectio for this country,but still I think that she hurts many people with this kind of photos or notes!!!I really appreciate Gloria's gallery ,but .....
Greetings from another poor, but so beautiful and full of history country...like India
Friendly
Isabela
Old 12-28-2006, 03:19 PM
TE Senior Member

If you do not like beggers than save the world. I am certainly not in India 4 years becasue I hate it. I show life as it is, and it is far far worse than a begger whose face you do not like. Why is this disgusting, you hate little girls? You hate beggers? You only want a clean fairy tale world? There are hundreds of other people's photos you can look at. I suggest you don't waste your time on mine if they disgust you. She is a human being you find disgusting?I can walk outside this internet and take 100 photos in one block you might find disgusting.Shall I worry if reality is not perfect? When you say something as insulting as "I hate Indians", then I think you have the problem. You can easily find pictures of children eating out of garbage dumps on other people's sites.If you do not like this, then leave your easy life, and volunter to help these people, calling them disgusting shows only "hatred". Reality sometimesis not a fairy princess.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
TE Expert

Dear Gloria
Please read again and again my words!Where did I say something wrong or insulting for you?
And believe me,here in Romania I try my best level to do a better life for some orphans!Life is hard here in my country,like in India or in USA,too
Wish you a world of love, peace,prosperity,health and happiness at the New Year
Friendly
Old 12-28-2006, 03:40 PM
TE Senior Member

I show plenty of beauty in India. India is also filled with everything possibley. People exist in spite of extreme conditions. She has stuck her face in my camera, I took the picture, and I like it as an example of India.The streetis empty,but she is standingon my feet literally,welcometo India. No one has to like anything I do. I got my degrees in Anthropology, Criminal Justice, Behavorial Science, Liberal Arts. I study people. Life is not always pretty.India is filled with many things, and Indians do not make any effort to change it, instead their puff up all their feathers, and attack anyone pointing out something not perfect!They literally live with their mother's usually all their life. If they do not like it, then change it. I can only show what I see. I have won many art awards in my younger life. I literally do not carewhat other people think, they live their lives, I live mine. I have fought for the rights of abusedchildren in my own country for many years. I tried to change the laws, I did not like.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Thanks for freedom of the photographer!!!! Maybe they should burn me at the stake for not painting India as clean, tidy and perfect? Right now, India has it's most famous painter in prison,for painting the Gods nude. The fanatics on tv, have said his paintings were obscene. I did not see that in the examples they used. Their minds were twisted to see it. He is 91 years old, and I think a national treasure. India is filled with erotic art, and naked statues. Life is veiwed thru the eye of the beholder. If I photoed India perfect, and you came here, you would hate me for lying!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:48 PM
TE Senior Member

India is not like any other country on earth. I am sorry you can only veiw pictures you hate,and neveronesyou like(fluffone). So I think you can look elsewhere to find sunsets, (I have plenty), saris, and rich people inIndia!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Actually I was actually answering Radeeh, a typical indian ..... no one is allowed to speak the truth.I realized that after I sent the message to you. He does not even live in India. Why not if it is perfect? I assume Romania is poor, but not as poor as India. India and Nepal were amongthe poorest countries in the world, whenI first came 10 years ago. They still are. India is a truimph of mind over conditions. They exist in conditions unknown in my country. They can smile, have festivals, raise famalies, survive. They can carry bricks on their head, drink polluted water,and still have faith in a God. They are a marvel and a miracle.