Vietnamese To English Translation - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default Vietnamese To English Translation

Can Anyone help me Find a website where I can enter the URL And get a translation Of vietnamese to English There seems to be very little even on this site seems to me that everbody expects Everybody to speak ENGLISH How Ignorant is that...........Well Ill Tell You Very Ignorant Indeed. Regards. Please Help.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Vietnamese To English Translation

Before writing posts complaining about how "everyone is expected to speak English" take a moment to consider the fact that the user-interface is also available in:
Chinese (Simple and Traditional), Dutch, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.

Unfortunately not all of us speak Vietnamese, in fact some of us haven't even had the opportunity to visit Vietnam - for this lack we offer our humble apologies ;-P

Adam adds translations of the user-interface whenever one is made available to him, and members of the community are welcome to converse in whichever language they see fit...

English is often chosen because that's what the majority of users understand - although I've seen Polish critiques, and there are many French speakers on this site too.

Tone down your attitude and maybe someone will help you out. As a hint getting all aggro with people whilst asking for their advice isn't usually the key to success ;)
Old 03-21-2005, 06:58 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Adrian, I did take a moment to Think about it, Ignorance is always the white english speaking way we always expect Non English speakers to speak our Language and that is so IGNORANT :). If Nobody helps That is fine. I appreciate this site has a dozen or so Language translations. Not having a dig at Adam or Admin just really heated that I cannot find anything on google. I know I shouldent Bring my Rage Into an Innocent Site but I cant help it.
Regards AS.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:26 AM
TE Expert

Try

http://www.google.com/intl/vi/

http://intertran.tranexp.com/Translate/result.shtml

'Intertran' above doesn't have Vietnamese, but does have a few that Altavista doesn't. eg Polish

Try an advanced google using the search terms
"vietnamese" & 'free automatic translators'.

There are several free dictionaries but Id have to wade through all the results for phrases. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:59 AM
TE Newbie

TY Chris, Very Helpful Information.
Regards AS.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:09 AM

My point is that no-one is expected to speak English here... People are welcome to do so, but if you wish to speak another language entirely, then that's welcome too!

Saying "Does anyone have a link to an computer translation from English to Vietnamese" wouldn't raise my hackles in the least - and would have probably actually recieved a helpful reply from me. Claiming that people are ignorant for speaking their own language, well, that irritates me I'm afraid...

If English offends you there are plenty of completely non-English speaking sites out there, have fun ;)
Old 03-27-2005, 05:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Are you saying you can't speak Vietnamese? What, not at all...?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:17 AM
TE Newbie

Greg Whom Are you reffering to by "YOU"?? If to me Please address by my name Kind regards...........No im saying what I said was about translation.......there wasnt an English to Vietnamese :D or vice versa.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Unfortunately, there is no known online translation of Vietnamese to English due to the simple fact that it is very difficult to have a proper translation. If there is one, it will make such a poor job that I doubt you could make sense of it.

If you have some text that you want to translate, please let me know and I will try my best.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:41 PM
TE Senior Member

I think it's more due to the lack of demand than difficulty. The automatic Japanese-English translators are extremely poor but that hasn't stopped them from creating some.