Anyone interested in trek to Myanmar

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Re: Anyone interested in trek to Myanmar
    Thanks Waysai. Thi Ha, who will be with us and is Vice President of the Myanmar Photog. Society, says he wants to organise a get-together with the photogrpahers of Mandalay one evening in the November trip, so we should meet Than Htay then. I hope you'll be able to come to Burma on some future trip (I want to organise more of these trips).
  • Re: Anyone interested in trek to Myanmar
    Hi Philip,

I will be going to Burma around mid-late August this year. May stay for a couple of months or at least 2 months. Not sure I will be there until you guys arrive. Will see.
  • Update
    Here's the latest on the Burma trek:

At the moment looks like 8 people coming, which is $480 each (plus $20 for those wanting a single room), or if 7 coming it's $510 each, +$20 again for singles. Please let me know if you still think you can come - give me an indication how likely you think it is you'll come. No need to pay yet.

COST (in-country):
    4+1 US$ 545,-- per person in twin sharing room
    5+1 US$ 540,-- per person in twin sharing room
    6+1 US$ 510,-- per person in twin sharing room
    7+1 US$ 480,-- per person in twin sharing room
    Single supplement US$ 25,--
    (I got the trip re-costed for airtravel so we have more time for photos. Anyone prefer the train? Thi Ha says you can't sleep on Burmese trains).

PROGRAM:
    Day 01 Yangon / arrival day
    Queens Park Hotel.

Day 02 Yangon - Mandalay
    Transfer to the airport for the flight to Mandalay, by 6T-403 (Etd: 06:45 / Eta: 08:05). ET Hotel.

Day 03 Mandalay
    Overnight at ET Hotel.

Day 04 Mandalay - Bagan
    Early morning transfer to Mandalay jetty for the express boat to Bagan (Etd: 05:30 / Eta: 16:00). New park Hotel. (NOTE: I'M SEEING ABOUT REPLACING THIS WITH ROAD TRAVEL< SO WE CAN STOP WHEN AND AS WE WANT)

Day 05 Bagan
    New Park Hotel.

Day 06 Bagan - Mt. Popa - Bagan
    Excursion to Mt. Popa. Overnight Bagan.

Day 07 Bagan - Yangon
    Transfer to airport for the flight to Yangon, by Air Mandalay 6T-403 (Etd: 09:35 / Eta: 10:55). Full day in Yangon. Queens Park Hotel.

Day 08 Yangon departure
    Morning and afternoon free till transfer to Airport.