Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great GyurMaster 2019-02-17 2:46

Szervusz Barnabαs,

You showed some interesting architecture here, which doesn't really fit he surrounding houses, but the sky scrapers in the bg instead.

Best Wishes,
Gy.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:01 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: what I thought of it

Thank you Craig,

This was my fourth trip to India. The first two date back to the 1990s.

I understand what attracts you to India and that’s (partly) what I’ve seen on my first journeys. Even on the one last year when I visited Dharavi in Mumbai, the second biggest slum in Asia.

But India is much more than that. It has an enormous cultural, religious and geographical diversity and it would not be correct to reduce the country to only poverty and backwardness.

So I also wanted to see other faces of the huge country.

It’s possible to visit beaches in many countries and yes, I agree. A beach is a beach.
My intention was not to present a beach but the coastline of Kerala that I found particularly beautiful and you cannot find the Malabar Coast of South India in another country.

I may have missed the beautiful coasts in other countries … For me the coast of Kerala was special.
Possibly my pictures don’t do justice to it and possibly the photos that follow will not inspire you to visit this part of India.

But as the Himalayas are important in the northern states of India and the desert is decisive for life in Rajasthan, the coast has become the lifeblood of Kerala.

I really do appreciate your honest personal opinion.
Just liked to explain mine J

Best regards,
Paul