Old 08-11-2008, 08:41 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: New surprise Something new in TE

lolllll

excellent
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM
TE Senior Member

with all that tea . . . good thing you went to the toilet . . .
although you'll probably never read this.
. . . if you meet him, greetings to John Titor :)
Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
TE Expert

Dont know, I think I dont like the idea, not sure if I like it... I feel somehow under control.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:21 AM
TE Expert

It is strange to read reactions like "I feel under control" or "this is like Big Brother", because all this information regarding user activity has always been available since TE exists:

- if I went to your "photo" page, I could see all the photos posted with data and time of post
- if I went to your "critiques" page, I could see all the critiques written (with date and time)
- if I went to your "discussions" page, I could read all your interventions in the TE forums (with date and time)

So this feature is only making the information more easily accessible (a single click, instead of 3 or 4), but it's not revealing anything more about your activity on TE than what was already available in the past.

Just my two cents. :o)
Brigitte
Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM
TE Junior Member

I do not think this is strange, Brigitte. It is the point that the information which was a bit hidden before in several parts is now cumulated and presented. It is not "Big Brother", that would announce that to high. I do not see a sense that my last activities are presented in such a way. You may call me very sensitive for that. Data privacy is part of my profession. And one of the points of Data Privacy is that the existence of data is not the allowance of using it in a different way. I prefer this to be removed.
Lieben Gruss, Ulf
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
TE Expert

YEs Bibi, I do agree with Ulf. You are right all the information was there, but now it΄s so easy to check members activity... Dont know, what΄s next? To know who is online... No, this is not a chat room or something similar, it΄s a photo-forum.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
TE Senior Member

Ha Ha, brilliant reply. Agree with others that's too much tea, but the distribution of toilet breaks seems reasonable, DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS before posting on TE?? I thought not :-)))
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
TE Expert

About something new. I've just got back from holidays to find some Public Group themes on my intro page which I never created. Can anyone explain how they got there ?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Nikki,

please take a look at this threat :http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=653609&m=901671&tt=flat
Not much is explained for now about it...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
TE Senior Member

I think it is not very important... and preaps it's bad.... if you want know what someone do you cant find it with other way
for me it seems to be as if you had a policeman who look at you all the time and who said it to everyone

on pouvait trouver ce que faisait un membre de toute faηon en regardant sur sa fiche ses commentaires ou WS posιs... lΰ ηa me dιplait un peu, on a l'impression d'κtre un peu fliquι....