To Loic_bzh: How are you! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Loic_bzh 2011-04-29 1:15

Hello, John!

Let me be honnest: I went in Bruges... err... 10 times, and never ever saw colors like this. Why did you oversaturated colors this way? With this saturation and the sharpness +++, your photo is looking like one of thoose vintage postcards...

I went away from TE several weeks and I forgot a bit how people could be... how can I say... that "friendly". Almost everybody is saying "wow, good PoV and great colors"... So I must be wrong... I think I need new glasses.

I really hope you won't be hurt by my critique. After all, we're all here to hear th truth, aren't we? ;-) If I took the time to write this negative critique, it's because I like your picts and I don't understant why you uploaded this one since you're able to make really great picts.

CU,

Loοc

Old 04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Smile To Loic_bzh: How are you!

Hello Loic,

I have with a lot attention your critique read, I find that everyone have to can give carefree critique, what you think can you absolutely write.
I know Bruges perhaps a little bit better that you, I live on 15 km of Bruges and come two time par week in these city, also I during 20 year working.
When you again bring a visit to Bruges, takes your picture early in morning or later in the evening.
I find self a pity that you takes not the best picture, I know this perfect that this not is the best of my gallery, this is course your choice.
Also I am not responsible what other people write as critique, all people are different of opinion.
Happy this is democracy, I hope that this can remain.
Not best friend, I am not angry, why!
Everyday write a member negative critique on my pictures, this is it life.
I am 70 year old, I know not of It tomorrow yet live!
Have a nice weekend,

John from Belgium.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM
TE Expert

Dear john, thanks a lot for your reply.

I know you know Bruges better than anyone of us here and when I miss this great city, I open TE and look at your gallery!

I'm afraid I've been misunderstood. IMO, you chose for this photo a very good PoV and the composition is not far from being perfect. But the big think is you did wrong (in my opinion, again) with Photoshop (or whatever software you use to edit your photos). That gives unreal colors and a way too much sharpen picture...

Anyways, thanks again for your reply and I'm happy to see that you didn't take it bad! ;-)

Take care,

Loοc