To holmertz: Correct reasoning - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-10-29 2:22

Hello Paul,
Artistically this is the best painting, but those in the WS are also interesting and make their parts of the streets so much nicer. As always five well taken photos, and now you have covered yet another theme. But are you sure this was the only native American you met? Would you recognize an Apache wearing city dress, on the way to the job in a Manhattan office? There are thousands of Sami living in Stockholm, but I've never met any, mainly because I couldn't tell the difference between them and any other Swede.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 10-29-2019, 12:23 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Correct reasoning

Thank you Gert,

Your reasoning is of course correct.

My title is based on conversations with a group of friends. Besides Brenda, I also met someone else in NYC (someone who has nothing to do with TE). I also met the friends of this man. During our conversations the question suddenly arose whether they had ever met a native American in NYC and the answer was no.
Of course it could also be that they did not recognize such a person in the street.
But they were sure that they did not know a native American where they lived, at work, in the circle of acquaintances or during their free time. I know this isn't the same as meeting someone on the subway or in the street.

The example you give about the Sami means that these people are perfectly integrated into Swedish society.
Apparently you can't even hear an accent.

Best wishes,
Paul