To holmertz: The building - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-10-27 1:14

Hello Paul,
When I saw this famous museum in 1989 I was very disappointed. There was an uninteresting exhibition and the building looked rather worn down and surprisingly dull. Furthermore the staff were rude and unfriendly. But I understand it has been thoroughly renovated in recent years, and in these photos it looks fresh and bright and you made good use of the famous spiral shape. I have an impression the lighting is also better than 30 years ago. If I were ever to return to NYC I would certainly give it another chance, even though probably nothing beats MOMA for modern art.
Have a nice Sunday,
Gert

Old 10-28-2019, 08:10 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: The building

Thank you Gert,

I apologize for my late answer.
The building didn't look worn down but the floors were dirty.
Today Brenda saw it also. I didn't notice the dirty floors during my visit but later on my pictures.

I know several people who have been in New York many years ago and many of them found a lot of people there unfriendly.
In my opinion, this is not the case anymore today.
I liked the inhabitants of NYC very much. They were all polite and helpful, in Manhattan and in Brooklyn and this regardless of skin colour, religion, ethnic group.

Best wishes,
Paul