To bombilla: Imho vs Run-in-process - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KateinDenmark 2008-07-23 22:41

Hello Mark,

Ok, so is this for real? Nice composition at any rate. There is no need for guess work on any of it except I'd love to know what the sign in the background says. Well done!

Kate

Old 07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To bombilla: Imho vs Run-in-process

Hey! Hugh! Where had you disappeared?! If you were on holidays, I hope it was good! By "the run-in-process" I mean that in photo technics, I have everything to learn. I knew nothing about manual settings until I got this new camera and I feel really as a dead loss. On my side, I don't know what means: "imho"... Could you please explain it?
Best regards,
Marine
Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To bombilla: Imho vs Run-in-process

Hi, Marine,
I've just been very busy. No time for critiquing right now. It looks as though you bought a 40D, huh? That seems like a nice camera. Enjoy it. I still don't understand the term "run-in-process" though. I mean, I see what you mean, but I don't recognize that phrase. Maybe a bad translation? "Imho" stands for "in my humble opinion"! Hope you're doing well.
Best,
-Hugh
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
TE Expert

Hi Hugh

I am fine. A little bit too obsessed by photography, these days, but that's ok. When I need help for a translation, I use two tools. First, Wordreference for the vocabulary. Second, Babelfish to control my translations... But this second one is not so trustworthy.
Actually, the 40D is a gift. I can not afford such an expense. I save all my money for journeys. But what a fun !(and what a despair, because I don't understand fully how to manage the settings).
Thanks to have taken the time to drop a critic for me. I appreciate greatly.
Best regards,
Marine

PS: The link to wordreference brings you straight to the page of the supposed translation for "rodage" in english... (but you can also check here: Wordreference language forum
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 AM
TE Senior Member

Run-in works maybe for car, as in the example, though it sounds unusual to me. Perhaps in Britain . . .

In this case I think you mean to say "break in".
Old 07-24-2008, 06:07 AM
TE Expert

Yep, "Break in" could be the american alternative!... About Alternative... Obama is breaking in for his international status: he'll be in Paris tomorrow. I was thinking to go there have a look but there's no special event like in Germany and I can't get his schedule! Plus, I don't like the idea that our president will try to take benefit of this visit, as if the people gathered to see Obama, were there for him as well... So I don't know what to chose right now (it also means hitch hiking 800 kms by night and I am not sure it is worth so much energy). If you have an opinion, share it, it may help me to make up my mind.
Regards,
Marine