Why Do I have Problems Uploading a Picture? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Why Do I have Problems Uploading a Picture?

Yes, it is extremely difficult for me to upload pictures both in TE and TL. I have been trying for 2 hours (and for the past 2 hours now). Is there any way that I can upload effectively and effciently. Or is it just the network in Thailand?

I use to have this problem in the past but not as grave as today.

Thanks.

Manny
Old 04-17-2004, 01:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Why Do I have Problems Uploading a Picture?

Personally, I can't vouch for this, cuz P to P is immoral or something ;). But, I have heard, possibly, vaguely, from unnamed sources, through the grapevine, no personal knowledge, etc that at times if some unknown person has a program like Kazaa up and running, it can interfer with uploads. Not sure if that might be a possiblity with you or not Manny, but it is the first thing to come to my mind. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:54 PM
TE Expert

It could also depend if you're on cable (fast broadband), or dialup (very slow).
Old 04-18-2004, 03:21 PM
TE Expert

Darren, only uploading copyrighted stuff is immoral, against the law, deservedly fine proned, uncapitalistic spirited and therefore leads to eternal damnation.
Using such program as Kaza? Kazah? Kaazaa? -Sorry, as myself, I'm not familiar with such devilish unfair program as Kazaa...- to share for instance family snapshots, freeware, etc. does not AFAIK go against any law...

Regarding Chris' answer I'm not sure that settles everything as I'm also on 640K cable and sometimes have to resume uploading 3 or 4 times before it actually happens (usually around 11:00 PM french time, early morning asian time). Though I've never been stuck for hours as you were, Manny.
I suspect this might occur on Adam's server's end when there is too much traffic or back up tasks going on (I might also be totally wrong, this is no expert words...).
Old 04-18-2004, 08:41 PM
TE Expert

"I suspect this might occur on Adam's server's end when there is too much traffic or back up tasks going on"

True, but manny posted his message on a Saturday when peak usage is much lower, so I don't think this could be the problem. I don't think it's backup tasks causing it either (for two hours).

During a few hours in the afternoon (EST) M-F the server does seem to get a lot slower, and I hope to eventually get another server dedicated to the database which should speed things up a bit.