Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2019-10-13 12:38

Hello Luciano,
I'm very sure that you've enjoyed your stay at this long and almost empty beach very much.
The temperatures were very good.
Beautiful huge dunes at the end of the bay.
The question I ask myself is how safe is Tunisia for someone who wants to travel individually. I've been there only once a long time ago, in 1986. Not exactly my best travel memories but perhaps the country has changed. Everything changes.
I surely understands it is beautiful.
Best regards, Paul

Old 10-13-2019, 08:42 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: ...

I did not see any problems and there were also many tourists in Tunis and Hammamet. In the past I have always traveled independently by train and collective taxis. This time I used the hotel excursions because Kelibia has no means of getting around and is very isolated. The maximum state of alert remains until the end of 2019, but after my hotel in Sharm exploded in 2005, and it was a period without danger, I no longer pay much attention to these notices. Thanks for the comment and have a good night!
Old 10-14-2019, 07:58 PM
TE Expert

Thank you Luciano,

I hope you were not in your hotel in Sharm when it exploded.

Best wishes,
Paul
Old 10-15-2019, 12:40 AM
TE Expert

It was midnight and I had just entered the room, but the bomb truck hit the reception. It was 2005 and there were 70 deaths, I was really lucky.