To Edwin: Wow... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Edwin 2004-06-02 11:28

Very graphical capture, and it contains all the elements for a great detail. Repetitive elements: the various curved black lines that form an organized pattern, the simple yet effective colour toning (all warm tones, yet easy to distinguish the different areas created by the 3 colours orange/brown, black and red-ish/brown) and then the element that introduces organized chaos, the nails and the crackled paint... Excellent work Curtis!!

Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 PM
TE Expert

Default To Edwin: Wow...

I just visited your page in TE and am happy to discover another kindred spirit! Thank you for your thoughtful observations on this image. While my eye delighted in the capture and did its best in post-production to bring it out, your description helps me to recognize what it is that makes me happy. I guess it always comes down to composition, detail and color. I was drawn to this particular composition by the shadow arching across the weathered wood. The rest pretty much fell into place from that. Now I have to spend some time in your portfolio for what I imagine will be much nourishment for my eye. I'm glad you dropped to make a comment. Nice to meet you.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:39 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Edwin: Wow...

Just read your intro and looked through your portfolio. Congrats! You got some great stuff there and obviously you have a passion for isolating details Curtis. Likewise, nice to have run into you, and I'll keep an eye open for you! ;-) Cheers! /Edwin
Old 06-03-2004, 08:00 PM
TE Expert

I'm pleased that you won't hold my being Norwegian against me... ;-)

And why are there so many Scandinavians on this site? I swear most of the folks whose work I enjoy are from Scandinavia or the Netherlands. Americans don't seem to have caught onto this site, more's the pity.

I'd also observe that I really am a novice trying to find my way here. I have a certain affinity for looking at images and playing in Photoshop is an unending source of delight, but I have much to learn about using a camera well. And I learn in large measure by looking at other's work and reading about how they do it. You clearly know your way around photography so I'll be keeping an eye on you as well. See you around...
Old 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM
TE Junior Member

>I'm pleased that you won't hold my being
>Norwegian against me... ;-)

>I swear most of the folks whose work I enjoy
>are from Scandinavia or the Netherlands.

Well, I hope you don't hold against me that I am native Dutch _and_ living in Scandinavia ((-:

Med vδnliga hδlsningar /Edwin