Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
TE Newbie

Default sorting pictures

Is it possible to sort the pictures on points? This would be helpful if you want to see pictures from a populair city or country and just want to see the best pictures.

Greetings Wichard
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: sorting pictures

I think this is asked a little to much for the site-managers. There are already so many options etc... And the shots with the most "points" are not always the best, in many cases yes, take a look around and you'll see what I mean...
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM

As Luc has already intimated, there is little correlation between the number of points a picture has collected and the quality of the image. Unfortunately there was a period where images posted would quickly amass many points simply because of the author, or more accurately, the group of authors.
In other words there were a number of mutual admiration societies running with the sole apparent intent of massaging each other's egos by means of giving points to each other.
I don't think there is such a thing as a 'best' image anyway. What makes an image 'good' is such a subjective area that I believe you should simply look and decide what you like. If it's an image that has amassed many points that's fine. Equally if your favourite is an image that nobody else has rated that is also fine.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Keith,

I think you understand my point of view.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:15 AM
TE Newbie

I can understand the way you guys think. All I want is a way to filter the 'not so good' pictures from the better ones. For example, if you are visiting a city, TrekEarth is a great medium to discover the highlights of that city just by looking at the photo's. It is true that the photo with the most points doesn't have to be the best, but in general, the photo's with more than, lets say, 20 points are better than the 0 point ones... And as I am no wizzkid I cannot judge how hard it is to build such an option into the website ;)

Greetings Wichard
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 AM
TE Expert

Although there is no search by point option, there is a feature which may be of use to you in narrowing your search results.

Click gallery at the top of the page, then navigate to the country you wish to view, and you should see a couple options at the top right corner of the images; such as 'Featured Destination' and 'Favorite Photos' (which will bring up all images which people have marked as favorites).
However it did not seem to come up when I focused in on a particular city (ie: Vancouver).

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
- Dan
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Dan,

Vancouver has been locked and moved the the Moderators Forum.

Only spoofin'!

;)

BOb G.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks Dan, that helps a lot already!