Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-09-18 6:19

Hello John,
Stephen was perfectly right that I would appreciate the lady in red. Maybe you brought her from the UK especially for the photos? ;-) Travelling around Olden with Google it doesn't look very remarkable, except for the surroundings, but the old church is nice. And the interior, from what we see in the WS, is remarkable. I really like that kind of simple decorations much more than most overloaded Baroque churches on the continent, seemingly boasting of the congregation's wealth. As for this main photo it is well exposed, the lady is perfectly red and the church is well placed.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 09-19-2018, 02:07 PM
TE Expert

Smile To holmertz: Bringing one's own photographic props.....

Hello Gert,

Thank you so much for your kind words! As before, I feel a bit like the Prodigal Son returning to TE.

Anyway, it is clearly impossible to deceive you and so I must make a confession. The lady in red is indeed my wife and, before our trip she (honestly, without any encouragement from myself!) decided to buy herself a new bright red jacket as she thought it might a) help to keep her warm and dry and b) help enhance any photographs!

Yes, this was a delightful little church, though not quite so delightful as another we were to see later - I shall attempt to show a picture of that later.

Kind Regards,

John.