New thread about points counting - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Exclamation New thread about points counting

Sorry people, the thread about points has desappear, please write your requests about POINTS here...

Thank you
Old 11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Default funny thing

On my recent pictures, the points seem to add up now, but only half, i.e. counting +1 instead of +2 for the full green.

Strange...or am I missing something?

b.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyV View Post
On my recent pictures, the points seem to add up now, but only half, i.e. counting +1 instead of +2 for the full green.

Strange...or am I missing something?

b.
It is strange. I've just checked some of my older images. My points total hasn't reduced but 4 full green smilies = 4 points now. I really don't care about points one way or the other, but something odd has certainly happened.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:52 AM
TE Expert

To Keitht,
Please don't be sarcastic Keith. We know you don't care about points, but you will have maybe read the good enough reasons why some people do care about them. After all, the site was first designed like that, and the system of points is part of its originality, and a reason of motivation for many people.
Just like marks motivate pupils at school. I know what I am talking about, having been a teacher for over 40 years.
And it's not about competition with other members, but rather competition between one's own photos. On Beta TE, you can look at a whole page of your gallery and wonder why some pictures have done better than others. Just like a good pupil should wonder why he has done better in some tests than in others.
Now of course, that good pupil or TE member will also take the critiques very much into account, in order to improve, but the point system does help...
P.S. Sorry, re-reading your post above, Perhaps you weren't being sarcastic after all; One never knows how to interprete the British sense of humour :-)) No ill feeling anyway.
Best regards on this memorable date of this century : 11-11-11. WE ?! won't be able to celebrate THAT again before 100 years. LoL.
Marie-Louise.

Last edited by maloutim; 11-13-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloutim View Post
To Keitht,
Please don't be sarcastic Keith.
Marie-Louise.
Apologies if my previous comment came across as sarcasm. It wasn't intended. I actually agreed that something odd was going on with points. The whole points system makes even less sense if the numbers don't add up.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Views Restored - but still 0 points

My posting today:
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1329065.htm
started the day with no views or points totalling.
Now views are totalling, but still no points.
Strangley some of the points allocated yesterday to previous posts were added to my total points score, but I think my total is still adrift.
Good luck in your quest to sort this out.

Brian D.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
TE Expert

Question Points halved

Dear Viviane,
would have been better not delete my post but to move in this new discussion. You would have give me the opportunity to reply to Mariusz and Malgorzata, as it should be right in a discussion forum.
The issue is not about the points, that have no value and does not certify the skill of the photographer. I hope that this misunderstanding is related to the work that they are doing on the site. The main issue is that there is never any warning on the site. It would simply to write: "Today, you will see your points halved, but this is due to our maintenance and problem solving." It would be a demonstration that in TE also the photographers are important. Without the photographers, there would be no pictures, there would not be advertising, there would not be TE. The patrimony of TE are not the pictures, but the photographers!
Ciao, have a nice night!
Paolo

Cara Viviane,
sarebbe stato piω corretto non cancellare il mio post, ma di spostarlo in questa nuova discussione. Mi avresti dato la possibilitΰ di rispondere a Mariusz e Malgorzata, come θ giusto che sia in un forum di discussione.
La questione non sono i punti, che non hanno nessuno valore e non attestano la bravura di un fotografo. Io spero che questo disguido sia riferito al lavoro che loro stanno facendo nel sito. La questione principale θ che non c'θ mai nessun avvertimento nel sito. Sarebbe sufficiente scrivere: "Oggi, vedrete i vostri punti dimezzati, ma ciς θ dovuto alla nostra manutenzione e alla soluzione dei problemi". Sarebbe una dimostrazione che in TE anche i fotografi hanno importanza. Senza i fotografi, non ci sarebbero le foto, non ci sarebbe pubblicitΰ, non ci sarebbe TE. Il patrimonio di TE non sono le fotografie, ma i fotografi!
Ciao, buona notte!
Paolo
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
TE Expert

Ciao Paolo,
So the original thread about points was closed and the one which you started recently was deleted.
I wonder why?
Is it a bug in the system again?
It causes the points not to add and threads which are not convenient to disappear
TE seems to have so many bugs.
I think I even know their names

Let me guess, this thread will accidentaly disappear as well

Never mind.
As stupid as the situation is we are here to have some fun sharing our photos.

I wanted to say Paolo that you are too negative.
Negative person says: "half of my points are gone"
whereas a positive person would say "wow! half of my points are still there"
although we don't know what will bring tomorrow

Mariusz
Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
TE Expert

Wink Happy and positive...

Yes, you're right, dear Mariusz, I was negative, but now I am happy that my pictures have at least half of the points!
(sometimes need to be a bit humorous even in the forum, right?)
Ciao!
Paolo
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
TE Expert

It is kind of sad though.
Christmas is coming, they could have doubled our points for this occasion instead of halving them
Good night,
Mariusz