Thanks to all my friends... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 07:12 PM
TE Expert

Default Thanks to all my friends...

I'd like to thank to all my friends in TE, especially for those who dared to support me lately.
Thanks one more time. You are really wonderful.

But believe me - there is real photographic life out of TE!

Best regards!
See you at FB.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM

I find it disappointing that you felt the need to use the term 'dared to support you' in your message. That suggests that there will be some kind of vendetta against those members, and that is simply not true.
Whether you believe it or not, all honestly held views are welcome here. What is objected to is members who wilfully refuse to abide by the rules of the site.
I would stress that I am not suggesting in any way that you fall within that category.
Speaking personally, I believe that it does neither the member or the site much good when active members leave because the member feels hard done by. However if any member believes the rules will change because of threats to, in the English vernacular, "Go home and take their ball with them" they are likely to be disappointed.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Anytime

Hi All,
Keith, I don;t think Jan is suggesting there is a vendetta of people suported him, I think maybe that is pre-empting something that would not occur, the heart of this is misunderstanding, pre-fabricated conclusions from both sides of the fence etc ...as De suggests, an open line of communication would be helpful.
That said, these discussion have been just that, but I feel that there has been anger and an 'us verses them' mentality which just is harmful. Aren't we all part of TE together? We are supposed to be a community.
Jan, I hope you stay, or reconsider, not for moderators but for those who admire your work. I don't know you very well, but I know and respect and love your gallery, and I felt that the issue was worth fighting for. In my opinion the image should be restored out of recpect and compassion for human life rather than TOS.
I thought Lisa made some very excellent and reasoned points before the previous thread was closed.
To the moderators, I respect you guys, and I do my best to stick to TOS as well, understanding it as the general lubricant of the site, but I just feel that the decision on Jan's image was not right.
I will not take my ball and go home, I will continue, and with respect to all, the members and mods. I just was very disappointed for the decision and wanted to express my opinion.
I think that both Jan and Grazyna, they made a stance for something they felt strongly for, and I respect that, neither of them, at any time, insulted anyone, they have my respect.
To paraphrase Lisa, who knows laws better than most, "justice must be dispensed with compassion"...otherwise laws lose their purpose and strength I feel.
This is the last I will contribute to the forums, best of luck to all.
Best wishes to all in the new year
Justin
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
TE Expert

Default respect

Justin's response sums it up for me too.

Happy trails, Jan. You were (and are) most welcome.

And so are you, dear Grazyna (NinaL).
And so are you, dear Teresa (polter).

Cheers.

Benny

Last edited by BennyV; 01-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Good Luck

Hi Jan,

I have been a silent listener all this time. And I knew what was going to happen. Every time we loose a jewel from the fraternity.

I had participated in the posts the last time when Marine, cretense and others left just a few weeks back. But that too ended in the same way like every time, loosing seasoned and experienced photographers and the discussion turning to satisfy self egos and sidelining the real issue.

I agree with you Jan. We have a real photographic life outside the website for which we should be more passionate about.

I wish you a Good Luck and a Brilliant time.

See you
Tushar
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Regret but respect

It is not the first time I could subscribe every word of contribution Justin has written in forum.

I regret your decision to leave, Jan, but I respect it.
I wish you all the best and good light for your pictures. Hope I will find them somewhere else.

Romana