Are We Ready? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-30-2004, 08:48 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Are We Ready?

OK, I think I have come up with the topics to get us started on our first scavenger hunt. Rather than being a big, long drawn out affair, let's start with six photos each with the month of April being the applied time limit. This is to say all shots should be taken and exposed within the month of April. I believe Adam might be doing some software changes to accomodate us, but we have a few days to find out. If Adam has too much on his plate already (and I could well see how that is, this is not his full time job), I have an idea how we can organize this ourselves.

Anyways, without further adieu, here are my ideas for our first six shots.

1. A yellow car.
2. An abandoned building.
3. Someone with a bald head.
4. A photo showing three generations of people (need not be from the same family, but let's make it that there is at least a 20 year gap in ages to make up one generation gap).
5. The tallest building in any particular city.
6. A shot with a strong element of motion blur.

To remind everyone, all shots must meet normal TE criteria. No studio shots or the like and between the photo and the note, please help us learn a little bit about a certain corner of the world. Also, let's get creative. Don't simply take a photo for the purpose of checking it off the list. use the list as your starting point, and see how you can come up with an original, interesting and attractive photo. Remember, these shots not only need to be posted during the month of April, they should be taken during that month as well. The reason for this activity is not to look back over your old files/negs/slides, but to get you out shooting something new, perhaps getting us out of our comfort zones and giving us motivation to get outside with our cameras.

Let me know if there are any changes you think should be made. Also, perhaps just post a reply saying you are in.

Let's have fun with this!

[Added by: adam]
Add submissions to this scavenger hunt by adding photos to the following theme: "Scavenger Hunt - April, 2004"
Old 03-30-2004, 10:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Are We Ready?

Darren, count me in! I followed the thread, and I think it's a fantastic idea and for myself, a good challenge. Thanks for your motivations all the time. Rinie
Old 03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
TE Expert

Oh, those are good ones Darren!

Although I won't make any new features until the second SH, I will create the theme, list it on the front page, and keep it organized such that postings are ordered by member. If there is anything else I can do please let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:04 PM
TE Newbie

Great idea, Darren – just great.

I think this idea really makes me try something new – that΄s what I΄ve been trying to do for a long time. And it΄s also very interesting to see how other members see/realize the ideas for those shots...
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Ready!...

Bonjour Darren,

Thank you for your time, creativity & effort. Let's go hunting... :o)

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
TE Junior Member

I've been in a slump, maybe this will be the thing to get me out and start looking at things in a different way. I'm in, time permitting...
Old 03-30-2004, 08:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Count me in, Darren.
"Willing, able and ready" :)
Old 03-30-2004, 08:56 PM
TE Junior Member

i'm in.

And kudos to the person who gets them all in one photo!!!

I.e. A photo of three people of different generations, one with no hair, all by a road in front of an abandoned building with a blurred yellow car going by and the tallest building in the city in the distant background.

Almost too easy... : )
Old 03-30-2004, 10:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Nice idea, Darren. I'm not sure whether I'll manage it, but I'll keep those six in mind! I'll certainly look at the results with pleasure!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
TE Junior Member

I guess I'm ready, since I noticed nothing but bald-headed guys today ;-)